Anyone eat today? Tuesday 4-16-2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I made Buffalo Wings. :yum:

CD

Attachments

• B-Wings-4-19-001.jpg
    B-Wings-4-19-001.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 147
All that talk about canned potatoes got me thinking about that Boy Scout recipe for hamburger skillet recipe so I decided to make that for dinner. Sadly I was without canned potatoes so I subbed in some pasta. Still good.

The place I get a weekly grocery basket from has frozen shrimp fished in Quebec. I thought I would give them a try. I had an open faced shrimp sandwich and an open faced ham sandwich for supper. Oh my, that shrimp was delicious. It was so much better than the frozen shrimp the regular grocery stores carry. I will definitely be buying that again. Now, I just have to learn what else I can do with frozen, cooked shrimp.

I brined and packaged up a whole pork loin for several meals of boneless chops, thin slices for stir fry, cutlets and small roasts. What a bargain at $1.69 lb.

Tonight for dinner, I made crispy Tonkatsu with the cutlets along with sauce and Asian rice with vegetables.Yumm....

The place I get a weekly grocery basket from has frozen shrimp fished in Quebec. I thought I would give them a try. I had an open faced shrimp sandwich and an open faced ham sandwich for supper. Oh my, that shrimp was delicious. It was so much better than the frozen shrimp the regular grocery stores carry. I will definitely be buying that again. Now, I just have to learn what else I can do with frozen, cooked shrimp.
Stuff mushrooms!

Pasta with butter and Parm cheese. Also just a couple of spoonful's of pasta sauce. Just enough to give it some light coloring.

I seem to be losing my appetite again. I was full to the hilt and all I ate was a custard dish of it.

Went to D&SIL's to cook their dinner.. Made potato salad and grilled a tri tip on his grill.. Steamed some broccoli to go with it..

Jeannie and I had lemon cake when we got home..

Ross

Shove some shrimp in a mushroom cap? And then what? More ingredients? Bake? How hot; how long? I have only ever used them in shrimp cocktail and I'm not eating tomato nowadays. I really am a newbie to using shrimp.
Cook the shrimp your favorite way. Finely chop. Sauté some diced onion, diced celery, diced red bell pepper, and minced garlic; I prefer butter to olive oil for this (ghee, actually). Season the onion mixture with your favorite flavor profile: Italian, Indian, Greek, it’s up to you. Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup dry white wine or vermouth. Allow to cook down half. Add bread crumbs and mix well to combine. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too moist. Stir in the chopped shrimp..

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and stuff the cavities with the shrimp mixture. Brush with ghee and cook on a baking sheet in a very hot oven (450°F). Brush once during cooking with ghee.

Or any variation. I made that up while I was typing it - it’s very basic!

Last Night's Roast Beef, Mashed Yukons with Onion gravy, Buttered Carrots and Three Wise Veggies... and a Salad Lurking...

Roast Beef.jpg

Make shrimp salad with mayo, lemon juice, chopped celery, S&P. Maybe a little thyme.

What size are they? I made pickled shrimp last year with the tiny frozen cooked shrimp. They make a nice condiment with grilled meat.

A pic of our po'boys and we also had leftover collard greens.

full

Thank you for the suggests Joel and GG.

GG, the description of the shrimp says they are 150/250 per pound, so not very big. These are frozen, cooked shrimp. I will almost always be making this just for me. Stirling doesn't like arthropods. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Thank you for the suggests Joel and GG.

GG, the description of the shrimp says they are 150/250 per pound, so not very big. These are frozen, cooked shrimp. I will almost always be making this just for me. Stirling doesn't like arthropods. :rolleyes: :LOL:
150 to 250 per pound? That sounds more like plankton than shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom