Anyone eat tonight? Tues. 12/11/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
We just finished dinner here on the left coast.

Pan grilled boneless pork chops with pineapple salsa, along with buttered zucchini zoodles and a mix of wild and brown rice.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to granddaughter's (3 1/2 yo) first preschool Christmas program. We sat on little kids chairs and we couldn't see beyond the row ahead of us. Still it was cute. Then I took everyone out to dinner, kids were wound up energy and didn't eat anything.

My wife made what she calls "Indian chicken". It's cubed, b/s chicken breasts sauteed in one of several types of jarred Southern Asian sauces. Tonight was Jalfrezi.

Side o' white rice and toasted store made naan, and what we all call baby vomit. It's a microwavable pouch of veggie korma that only my wife likes. Undigested looking chunks of veggies in a green-ish sauce... gross. It tastes mostly of cardamom and milky vomit.

Last edited:
How fun, Whisk!

Been busy the past few days. I'm making my granddaughters (ages 13 and 17) big, comfy, fleecy 'no sew' blankets in their fave patterns for Christmas. They live up near beautiful Yosemite. My back is about worn out for tonight. :LOL:

I treated myself to Chinese take out for a late lunch, and just nibbled for dinner.

Last edited:
Annual condo board holiday dinner. We went to a different restaurant. I had meatballs as an appetizer. Spaghetti carbonara as the main course and tiramisu and cappuccino for dessert.

I'm in San Diego again tonight. I had a good shepherd's pie at a very nice British pub for lunch, and a tasty chicken parm sandwich tonight for dinner.

I am currently having a drink with the window open in my hotel room, in downtown San Diego. It is a bit loud, but I can shut the window when I go to bed.

CD

Just got home from pub, quick meal, poached eggs on toast. I buy free range large eggs. Wife wanted same. First 3 eggs I cracked were double yolkers so I stopped then , we ended up with 1 and a half eggs each. 3 yolks each. Was yummy.

Russ

I'm in San Diego again tonight. I had a good shepherd's pie at a very nice British pub for lunch, and a tasty chicken parm sandwich tonight for dinner.

I am currently having a drink with the window open in my hotel room, in downtown San Diego. It is a bit loud, but I can shut the window when I go to bed.

CD

LOL, you had a John 10:14 pie...

Tonight was Our Last Supper...the last time my SIL and her hubby will grace our table here in MA. :cry: Their moving van will be taking their belongings on Thursday, with them following in hot pursuit. We had them over for a nice meal and an evening of talk. Thursday AM is going to come awfully early.

I made smothered chicken (mushrooms, onion, peppers, mozz cheese), steamed broccoli (BIL's favorite), and really creamy mashed potatoes. The piece de resistance was apple pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Thankfully, it was a good crust day. We also put down nearly two bottles of wine - hence, dinner two days before the movers. ;)

Attachments

• 2018-12-11 20.18.17.jpg
    2018-12-11 20.18.17.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 110
Last Night's Fat Pork Loin Chop with a KC-Style Drizzle, Mashed Baby Reds with a Creamed Corn Gravy, Peas 'n Pearls...

Pork Loin Chop, KC BBQ Sauce.jpg

Annual condo board holiday dinner. We went to a different restaurant. I had meatballs as an appetizer. Spaghetti carbonara as the main course and tiramisu and cappuccino for dessert.

I wish I had an appetite like that. I am lucky to be able to eat a regular size chop.

One of my throw together meals, but it turned out great.

I browned a small beef roast in olive oil, then added sliced onions to soften and caramelize them. Once that was done, I threw in a good amount of large celery chunks, a healthy bit of chopped carrots and about half dozen quartered Yukon Gold potatoes. Drizzled some broth over everything and put in the oven, uncovered, to cook low and slow.

It was so good we ate the whole thing up.

Back
Top Bottom