Anyone eating dinner tonight? Saturday 1-23-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Leftover spaghetti for dinner this evening. A simple salad with Italian dressing, and garlic bread will accompany.

What's on everyone's plate tonight?

I had some shrimp in the freezer that were getting kind of frosty so I thawed them, peeled them, covered them with a sauce made of butter, olive oil, loads of crushed garlic and red pepper, baked them in a screaming hot oven for a few minutes and called it scampi! I was wishing for a little white wine and a loaf of bread to dunk into the sauce, I settled for a salad! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Kaesespaetzle. Craig's bacon that he cured from part of the last pork belly we bought was a bit salty and not really tender (followed recipe for first time). So, I boiled it a bit in water, drained, then dumped the pieces in with some onions I had started carmelizing on the stovetop and baked at 325 for probably about 45 minutes. Made the spaetzle dough (dotter as we decided to call it on a previous thread) to let it rest. Used Emmentaler cheese to make a cheese sauce, saving some for top. Drained the spaetzle after I cooked them, sauted in a bit of butter and oil, then mixed the spaetzle with the onion/bacon mixture with the cheese sauce, added the rest of the cheese to the top and baked for about 30 minutes, 350 for 20, 400 for 10. It ended up looking like this.

37240-albums1008-picture6358.jpg

Came out pretty darn good. Craig said he'd eat the cheese sauce, with a little white wine addition, as a great fondue any day.

Leftover proteins (ribs, chicken, and fish) with a new veggie. I'm getting ready to fry up some pancetta, then toss in some frozen peas and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. Also making a creamy mushroom sherry sauce to use on the chicken. Hopefully all the leftovers are gone today, so I can start making fresh ones tomorrow. :LOL:

My mouth is watering over that Med! Elegant mac and cheese to be sure! Kaesespaetzle. Just one bite....pleeeeze!

I'm roasting a pan full of marinated chicken wings sitting on my silicone little pyramids mat. That thing does a great job! SC will have some canned chili with them and we'll both have salads.

Last edited:
002.JPG

I put this together yesterday:
Sweet Italian Sausage-Spinach-Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
I took the two smaller aluminum pans, some bread, salad and a bottle of wine over to the home of a neighbor who passed away on Wednesday.

003.JPG

The big pan was for DH, `cuz he's a brat (not really, I tease :)), can you see the three missing shells there at the top right of the photo? SOMEONE got into the pan before I got up, "WHAT? I was hungry and you were still asleep, so I made myself breakfast." (please add whiny 10 year boy's voice here :LOL:) ...
the last ten minutes, I sprinkled some parm & mozz over the top to melt

004.JPG

His plate

006.JPG

My plate, I had taste it to make sure I wasn't going to poison my husband :D (I'm still in that no-crab mode dontcha know ;)), so no bread for moi, nor wine ... :cry: WHAH!

Nice cheesy goodness, Med and K-girl!

Last edited:
Pan-seared pork chops with Mural of Flavor and salt, veggie medley with Fox Point and reheated mac & cheese from last night. Plus French rolls I baked this afternoon.

Attachments

• 1453604414916.jpg
    1453604414916.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 163
My mouth is watering over that Med! Elegant mac and cheese to be sure! Kaesespaetzle. Just one bite....pleeeeze!

I'm roasting a pan full of marinated chicken wings sitting on my silicone little pyramids mat. That thing does a great job! SC will have some canned chili with them and we'll both have salads.

That beautiful tomato is still off of our vine, the last of January. :wacko:

img_1452716_0_5091bbe111253e4d3147f184db5187f4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, some great looking pics here tonight! Everyone's dinners sound so good. :yum::chef:
Souschef, I LOVE the convection setting, too - it really makes for a nice crispy skin on chicken without drying it out.

Last edited:
What did you eat.

Snowing for two days here. No let up in sight. I have food for about a week. I'll not be out for about a week. I may need it all. Tonight Sketti. Tomorrow who knows.

...My plate, I had taste it to make sure I wasn't going to poison my husband :D (I'm still in that no-crab mode dontcha know ;)), so no bread for moi, nor wine ... :cry: WHAH!
One sad, lonely shell. Poor K-Girl. I was wondering, since the filling is protein items, maybe you could test-drive it in veggie wrappings like escarole, radicchio, or large spinach leaves? Just a thought.

The dinners I could see (K-Girl, Kayelle) looked great. :yum: GG, I bet yours was lovely, too, but on my screen all I got was the "Attached Thumbnail - Click image...." bar. It wouldn't open the image when I clicked. :( I've run across that a couple times tonight, so I'm going to blame Tech Support. After all, Himself is MY "Tech Support", having done all phases of computer work in his near-40 years of employment, and he gets blamed for everything. :LOL:

Everybody's dinners looked GREAT :yum: ! My inspiration was from a Yahoo food blurp I saw the other day, plus the need to find a use for the leftover home-cured bacon. Yahoo featured a short video from Heidelberg Restaurant in New York. No recipe so I just winged it since it was pretty simple looking.

Last edited:

That looks interesting. Is it hard to clean and what brand did you get if you don't mind saying?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom