Anyone eating dinner tonight? what's cooking, 12/27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Got home at midnight from our jaunt to Vegas for the holiday. 7 1/2 hour drive that usually takes 3 h 20 m.:censored: DH got a ticket and that put him in a foul mood:furious: for the 1 hour remainder of the drive.:boxing: Hubby wanted to stop at Denny's for a late snack before we arrived home but my elderly mom was in her pajama bottoms:eek: so we just came home. He was hungering for a big dinner salad and fries so I whipped it up for him and we all ate around 12:30am. Not bad as I guess I went into full speed to get it on the table quick so we could then, go to bed and sleep on a full tummy.:brows: Love home made fries though, so good, crisp and hot.

For our dinner tonight, I plan on taking a New York steak out of the freezer, grilling it quickly, slicing it ever so thin, and putting it atop a bed of baby salad greens with red onions thinly sliced, grated hard boiled eggs, crisped bacon and crumbled bleu cheese on top. The dressing = bacon drippings/honey/s&p/pineapple vinegar/smidge of soy/pinch of ginger. I think I'll get brave and do more fries as I have a Fry Granddaddy and lot's of canola oil, so they're quick.

Gotta get mom home after the contractor comes today. So a drive is in the offing:wacko:

So, anyone else cookin dinner tonight?

tonight is thai take out. we were going to have it last night, but dw was busy with the baby, and i had to fix the darn washing machine. i didn't get finished with it until 1am, so i just had a bunch of cheeses, chips, some prosciutto, a slice of macedonian holiday cake that my neighbor made, and fruit punch for dinner.

so tonight, were having pad thai - extra spicy, bangkok beefsteak (sliced strip steak over broccoli rabe in a brown fish/mushroom sauce, and fried tilapia topped with a red onion/pineapple/pepper salad, and jasmine rice.

frozen burritos, chimichangas and tequitos.:huh:
I cooked all that food for Christmas and I'm still pooped from it:LOL:

We're going to a friends for dinner.
I'm not sure what she's making but
it'll be good! She's a great cook.

Since I had several slices of prime rib left, I'm going to dice it, add diced potato,carrot,mushrooms, sauteed onions and garlic and some left over au jus and make a meat pie..along with that will be fruit salad,steamed broccolini with a cheese sauce..Left overs are great when you'd rather play then cook. I just might make an apple tart if I can stand to leave the computer :LOL: kadesma

A onion garlic pork roast, mashed potatoes with roasted garlic and gravy, and green salad. I roasted the garlic using the electric garlic roaster that I got for Christmas. It is pretty neat, just add the oil and garlic, close the lid, and 30 minutes later roasted garlic.

I went out and bought a couple 5# chickens, so dinner tonight is Roast Chicken with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans. Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge for dessert.

We're having re-runs of ham, twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole (a different one), cheese cake and chocolate pie.

After tonight, the ham will be taken apart, leaving a meaty bone for New Year's ham'n beans, a smaller bone for something else (split pea soup?), and scraps to make ham salad or use in other dishes, like scalloped potatoes.

They say a packing plant uses everything but the "oink", but I did throw away the skin and a lot of the fat. If I still had a big outdoor dog, like I used to, he would have gotten that in with his food for several days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom