Anyone eating on June 8th, 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
One of my favorite meals tonight: Grilled Tuna Steak and fresh picked Asparagus...

img_1367934_0_68d4fce3a1c4d89a3dcde975376d5d3e.jpg

Looks wonderful!

I had leftovers from yesterday. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy from the chicken drippins', and steamed green beans.

I made a dish with shrimp and artichoke hearts in a white wine and butter sauce served over pasta.

Not sure which looks better, the tuna or the asparagus.

I have leftover roast chicken so it's margarita chicken taco salad. I'll fry up the chicken with taco spices and some margarita mix. Baking flour tortillas draped over wads of tinfoil for shells. Fill w/ salad greens topped with chicken, black beans, salsa, sour cream and Fiesta Corn Relish.

Oh, and margarita, rocks, no salt on the side.

That looks delectable Steve!

I did a Chicken Marsala casserole I had high hopes for..it was just "ok". Dang.

My sweet husband should be named "Mikey".....he likes everything.

I had one slice of bacon with one egg. It has been years since I had them both together. I will either cook up a slice of bacon to munch on or a soft boiled egg. I guess the only reason I cooked both is because it dawned on me that I hadn't eaten since yesterday afternoon. I filled up on lobster rolls yesterday. :angel:

I made an old favorite today that I hadn't made in years. The original dish was from my ex's grandmother.

Kielbasa and cabbage. I add baby red potatoes as well as some Andouille sausage. It was better than ever.

I made an old favorite today that I hadn't made in years. The original dish was from my ex's grandmother.

Kielbasa and cabbage. I add baby red potatoes as well as some Andouille sausage. It was better than ever.

I love that Z. I add a can of diced tomato too. That's childhood "home food" to me.

Tonight was a toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and a green salad.

I finally baked the huge spiral cut ham that was taking up major real estate in the fridge. Will foodsaver a whole bunch and freeze. No corn, so we had lima beans. Fresh strawberries.

I'm making Guisantes, which is a Filipino dish. Kind of a stew of pork and peas. Smells good.

Got a little Thaied with some sushi on the side, takeout.

I did have another lobster roll at around three in the morning. Then at night I had my one egg with bacon. :angel:

Not just in this thread but I've seen references to lobsters being eaten by some people that, I'm pretty sure, aren't millionaires. :)

Here on the west coast lobster is horribly expensive. Yet a family member who I KNOW isn't rich visited New England and 'pigged out' on lobster, lobster lobster.

Is lobster really that affordable in New England and environs?

Almost (not quite!) makes me wish I lived on the east coast. :ohmy:

When lobsters molt, they are pretty cheap. $4.99/Lb for live and kicking lobsters. Some folks don't care for these thin shelled lobsters but they are pretty darn good.

Lobster isn't the only reason we prefer the East Coast to the West Coast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom