Anyone Eating this Evening? 9-3-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, I have to look for that. Thanks, bliss.

We had a fun cook out today. The rain stopped just before the guests arrived. A few families cancelled at the last minute, so we ended up with 19 people.
The kids had fun slipping and sliding all over the wet backyard playing football and kickball, then came in and destroyed the house. There's blades of wet grass everywhere.

Nevertheless, the food was good. I made 20 cheeseburgers, 5 hamburgers, 24 hot dogs, and 2 trays of baked ziti. There was a tray of mixed green salad, 1/2 tray of tuna mac salad, 2 bags each of Doritos and potato chips, a tray of cheeses, pepperoni and salami, bowls of pickles and olives, dozens of brownies and cookies, and rwo 12 " birthday cakes. And it's all gone, lol.

Makes clean,up a lot easier. :)

Easy Chicken Parm

That's what dinner was tonite. Really simple. First add some jar pasta sauce to a fry pan and put on med heat while you make breasts. Preheat oven to 350. For wife and I, one skinless boneless chicken breast cut in half lengthwise; then each half pounded flat for a cutlet. Salt and pepper one side only. Dust in flour; dip in egg wash, roll in italian bread crumbs. Transfer to the fry pan on top of the reducing sauce. Add a tablespoon or more of parm per cutlet. Transfer pan to oven. Cook until cheese is melted-may want to broil a minute or two for some crunch.

Sounds like a fun filled day, Bucky! Lots of guests, kids had fun, good food, and no leftovers. < That part is the biggest bonus, haha. :) Hopefully it makes up for all the grass blades and mess in the house. :ermm::LOL:

Welcome, MultiThom. Chicken parm sounds good! I love it with a little extra sauce, on a bed of spaghetti. Reminds me that I haven't made this in a while!

Last edited:
We are going out for Chinese food to finally celebrate our Sept 1 anniversary. We decided even though we are low-key, DQ didn't cut it. :LOL:

I was going to go out to an air conditioned restaurant, but then realized that would involve putting on clothes, which ain't gonna happen.

I will just lay on my bed butt naked with my feet propped up on my chi machine and wait for a breeze to blow by.

3860911.jpg

Ate some cold, leftover chicken wings from the night before...had band rehearsal this evening and fell asleep during the afternoon and never had time to cook anything. I now have heart burn...

We went to the Akron Rubber Ducks (AA team for the Cleveland Indians) game this evening, so no cooking at home. Instead, I had about $20 left on an old Applebee's gift card, so we decided to take a chance. I don't know what happened since the last time we were at one, but their food is now actually good! The last several times we've eaten at one, I swore it would be the last time. But I had that gift card, so...

I had a grilled, seasoned chicken breast topped with bacon, frizzled onions, and a beer-cheese sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. Himself had the BBQ beef tacos with fries, Goober had a quesadilla burger with a Caesar side salad, and Loverly had a grilled, seasoned chicken breast with a grilled shrimp and sauce topping, garlic mashed potatoes (apple was sitting right across from tree), and seared green beans with bacon. The girls brought leftovers home...

I just grazed tonight, but did make my cajun spice pasta salad for tomorrow. You have to make pasta and potato salads the day before you eat them, IMHO.

CD

Steaks, hamburgers, and hot dogs on the grill along with some grilled veggies and baked potatoes done in the microwave yesterday evening. DD's SO is cooking some b/s chicken breasts and thighs this morning for a late breakfast before they have to leave.

And, they are leaving the grill for us!!!!!

Cool, I have to look for that. Thanks, bliss.

We had a fun cook out today. The rain stopped just before the guests arrived. A few families cancelled at the last minute, so we ended up with 19 people.
The kids had fun slipping and sliding all over the wet backyard playing football and kickball, then came in and destroyed the house. There's blades of wet grass everywhere.

Nevertheless, the food was good. I made 20 cheeseburgers, 5 hamburgers, 24 hot dogs, and 2 trays of baked ziti. There was a tray of mixed green salad, 1/2 tray of tuna mac salad, 2 bags each of Doritos and potato chips, a tray of cheeses, pepperoni and salami, bowls of pickles and olives, dozens of brownies and cookies, and rwo 12 " birthday cakes. And it's all gone, lol.

Makes clean,up a lot easier. :)

I wish your mountain was closer to my bay... I want to be invited to your next feed... :yum:

Ross

I wish your mountain was closer to my bay... I want to be invited to your next feed... :yum:

Ross

You're more than welcome, Ross.

I wish your bay was closer, too. As much as I love living on a mountain, I miss being closer to the sea. I've always thought it would be so cool to live in California where you can ski a huge mountain, then boogie board some good sets that evening.

I say we all get together at Craigsy and med's house. During crab claw season.

Or Cooking Goddess and Himself's, to start with an awesome salad, then watch some weird Ohio sport obsession. :cool:

Or PF's, 'cause I really just want to meet Shrek, and hang with her.

Or Cheryl's, 'cause everyone needs their day brightened a bit. Like a smile and a hug.

We could go to Addie's, and talk just about anything, experience being as interesting as facts.

Maybe we could raid Rock's place, order gourmet 20 foot sandwiches, then say we meant twenty, one foot gourmet sandwiches. He'll probably start banging out a war beat on the pots and pans.

Or Andy's? That would have to be a Super Bowl party, 'cause the freakin' Patriots will be in it...

More later. DW just beconed like a wounded banshee.

'Tis like the singin' of the angels' themselves...

I wish your bay was closer, too. As much as I love living on a mountain, I miss being closer to the sea. I've always thought it would be so cool to live in California where you can ski a huge mountain, then boogie board some good sets that evening.

Or Cooking Goddess and Himself's, to start with an awesome salad, then watch some weird Ohio sport obsession. :cool:

Or Cheryl's, 'cause everyone needs their day brightened a bit. Like a smile and a hug.

We could go to Addie's, and talk just about anything, experience being as interesting as facts.

Maybe we could raid Rock's place, order gourmet 20 foot sandwiches, then say we meant twenty, one foot gourmet sandwiches. He'll probably start banging out a war beat on the pots and pans.

Or Andy's? That would have to be a Super Bowl party, 'cause the freakin' Patriots will be in it...

A huge YES!!! for all of these get-to-gethers... :)

Ross

I haven't been feeling well the last week or so, so we've been getting takeout and frozen dinners and scrounging from the freezer. DH made this dinner last night. He doesn't cook a whole lot, but he has mastered a few dishes and this is one of them.

Alaskan haddock sprinkled with Penzeys Trinidad seasoning, dredged in flour and fried in butter and olive oil, rice medley cooked in the microwave, and asparagus roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper, finished with lemon. Dee-licious!
0903172011a.jpg

James, I gotta tell you. On my facebook one of my friends was talking about selling some kind of salsa I had never heard of. So he used his dad's recipe and has been selling out at his farmer's market booth. It had peppers that were sauteed, and I had to google it since I'd never heard of it. So this first youtube video comes up and it is YOU, in living color, making this kind of salsa I'd never seen before. I thought, 'hey, it's our powerplantop cooking!'. That was really fun and exciting.Great job on your youtube demonstrations!

LOL that is a fun story!

<<<---- Feeling a bit jilted here.
Thanks Bucky... I think.:ohmy::ermm::LOL:

Aww, c'mon, Munky. I was just gonna say you... I swear. :)

For dessert.

Wait, that sounds dirty... you know.

Back
Top Bottom