Anyone eating today, Sat, Dec 10th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Last night we went to Red Robin for dinner and drinks. Still couldn't find the kitchen here. Too many contractors here and too much going on, I'm just trying to stay out of their way as much as possible. Gotta go out now and retrieve coffee/tea for DH and I so we can start our day. Found out yesterday when doing the same, that Albertsons has a lovely coffee bar. It's our new market and it's a Flagship one for them so it's extra nice.

We do have dinner plans tonight but whether they'll pan out or not is the question. There is a Christmas boat party at the marina hosted by a friend. It's annual and we always enjoy it so much but usually I'm working on this weekend so DH goes alone. The food is always so good. I always make the lefse as the owners of the house and DH's friend who hosts it with his aunt, are Norwegian too. It's always a treat for them and a good reason for me to make it. But, with our kitchen being under wraps, I can't do it this year. We'll see if we go or not.

What is anyone esle doing the freezing Saturday?

Wow, Lefse, sounds like you have one heck of a day planned! I hope everything turns out well!

On this freezing day I'm planning on cooking sammys on the grill. I'm still on this ham and pineapple kick, so I'm of thinking doing that on some sort of bread (some sort of flat, chewy bread?), smoked provolone, red onions and possibly bacon, going for the pork overkill. I'm heading to the store soon so I'll probably let my imagination wander as I wander the store! :chef:

A friend of Cris is coming over... I am going to make Pizzoccheri, a typical hearty northern dish with flat pasta made of buckwheat, tossed with potatoes, cabbage or spinach, oodles of cheese and butter, yum!!
For a dessert pina colada pie.

Some extra hours in the gym will be required tomorrow though!!:mrgreen:

We had a good snow storm yesterday so I made a large batch of my spicy beef and vegetable soup. We will be having the leftovers tonight.

We're going to a party tonight.
So.. I don't need to make dinner. I'll be making a pecan pie
to take with us though and some chocolate chip cookies.

I am shuttering and looking away as my daughter is eating those blasted canned ravioli's she soooo loves! :sick: I am having some yogurt for a light lunch, and I think maybe chili for dinner tonight! The day is still young, so that may change! Y'all have a good day!

On this freezing day I'm planning on cooking sammys on the grill. I'm still on this ham and pineapple kick, so I'm of thinking doing that on some sort of bread (some sort of flat, chewy bread?), smoked provolone, red onions and possibly bacon, going for the pork overkill. I'm heading to the store soon so I'll probably let my imagination wander as I wander the store! :chef:[/quote]

sounds yummy, and there is never any such thing as PORK overkill, love the stuff, any form, shape or way it's prepared.........enjoy it and the market experience.

Back
Top Bottom