Anyone Eating Today? Thursday June 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I scored several packages of fresh spaghetti pasta at the dollar store yesterday for the freezer. I can hardly tolerate box pasta anymore after being spoiled to the fresh stuff, and for a dollar a package I'm sure not making it myself! Anyway, I'm thinking about Spaghetti Carbonera or Chicken Cacciatore, although I prefer Cacciatore over cheese polenta.
Hmmm, I could go easy on myself and pull out a frozen bag of my meat sauce. After such a long vacation from the kitchen I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of making cooking decisions. It's so much easier to choose food from a menu. :LOL:

I am getting ready to bake some chili-lime chicken with Thia peanut noodles. First time for both items with me.

i put the following items in my small crock-pot. a huge chicken thigh, a can of white beans, onions, red,yellow and orange peppers, chicken broth. one half of a packet of chili mix. pepper, garlic powder and paprika. sounds like white chili to me. gonna make some cornbread. lots to do tomorrow , so will love the leftovers.

We just had leftovers for dinner tonight, cleaning out the fridge for the weekend.

some really good sounding dinners tonight.

i worked until 8a, went home and slept, and i was back in to work by 4p, so it'll probably be takeout chinese for me.

rib tips and veggie fried rice, and veggie soup. or maybe a fried half chicken and veggie fried rice.

Vegetarian Lasagne with garlic, onions, mushrooms, spinach, etc. and three different cheeses. Green salad on the side.

We are having pork roast (James brought home a really nice Boston butt the other day), applesauce, mashed potatoes, and probably asparagus.

BTW has anyone else tried the frozen asparagus in the microwave-steamable bags? I get PictSweet brand. A little costly, but SOOOOOO good! :cool:
Add salads, with fresh home-grown (but not our home--ours are green right now) tomatoes, and that is our dinner. :cool:

My tummy is a happy camper.
The grilled Smith's dogs were charred and split just right, nestled into toasted buns and topped with Vidalia onions and yellow mustard. The Kraft Mac & Cheese, circa July 2009, at least that's what the box said :ermm: had half a chipotle pepper in adobo mixed into that butter, milk and powdered goodness and hoo boy... cheesey hotness at it's finest ;) The mushroom gratin was just right, cooked in the toaster oven even. I was surprised I didn't burn it, but nothing some aluminum foil in the beginning didn't take care of.

Back
Top Bottom