Anyone Eating Today? Thursday June 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Wow, I can't believe this isn't started yet.

I think we may just go out and get a bite because things are either ready for our weekend or all cleaned out as we thought we would be eating on the road tonight instead we are going in the morning.

What about everyone else?

We are heading out also. Having a celebration dinner for our daughter. Her choice. Eastside Mario's. Wouldn't be my choice but it's her night. Oh, well, I like their Calamari al Diavolo.

Oh, you want more info.

I'm marinating some pork sirloins for grilling tonight. I'm making mac and cheese to go with it. I think sliced cukes for a veggie type offering.

I just got home from the store. I picked up some burgers and buns so we'll have bacon cheeseburgers tonight. I'll throw together some coleslaw. I also picked up some nice peaches, HUGE blackberries and strawberries. I hope to get them all sliced and mixed into a fruit salad.

Oven fried chicken
Zucchini
Corn
Sliced tomato
Strawberries

I went to the farmers market today and saw a sign that said: Home Grown Hydrophonic Tomatoes

I bought some and listened to them all the way home but they did not sound any different than regular tomatoes:LOL:

DH is coming to the farm for the weekend (finally)--we are then heading to NY because I have stuff to p/up at UPS. I have salmon thawing. We'll probably just grill it and add salad and some frozen veggies when we get back. We are simple folk.

We may be grilling this computer if it doesn't start behaving! This is my 2nd attempt to post this.

We are having pork roast (James brought home a really nice Boston butt the other day), applesauce, mashed potatoes, and probably asparagus.

BTW has anyone else tried the frozen asparagus in the microwave-steamable bags? I get PictSweet brand. A little costly, but SOOOOOO good! :cool:

It's Glenn's birthday and I intentionally planned things easy, so there's a pork roast in the crock-pot, the potatoes are already peeled and in cold water for mashed, applesauce is chilling, haven't decided on the green veggie yet, but there are plenty of choices in the freezer. We'll probably have some family join us, so I made an extra pitcher of tea for iced tea and, of course, the two blackberry pies are out of the oven and cooling on racks.

We'll have margaritas out on the porch later this afternoon...just for the heck of it. Hey, it's his birthday after all.

I'm thinking about grilled hot dogs and box mac & cheese. I'm not really in a cooking mood today. I may even go buy some potato salad.

Ready-Pac Bistro cobb salad, Pineapple Dahk Bulgogi, bean sprout kimchi, fried rice, and a 2007 Vega Moragona Vinas Viejas Tempranillo

We may be grilling this computer if it doesn't start behaving! This is my 2nd attempt to post this.

We are having pork roast (James brought home a really nice Boston butt the other day), applesauce, mashed potatoes, and probably asparagus.

BTW has anyone else tried the frozen asparagus in the microwave-steamable bags? I get PictSweet brand. A little costly, but SOOOOOO good! :cool:

It was not your computer. The site went down for a few minutes.

Thanks! That was probably what it was, but since my computer was already running extremely slowly this afternoon I took advantage of the time to clear my cache and restart the computer. :ohmy:

I just remembered I have some mushrooms that need used up, so I'll make some mushroom gratin instead of running out for another side. Mushroom gratin and hot dogs... yep, lol.

PattY1 said:

I wondered about that. Thanks for clearing it up, seems to be fine now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom