Anyone experienced Poutine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And for any of you who want to pronounce "poutine" like a French Canadian...you pronounce it "poo-teh." That way, when you're actually in Quebec and you say "Poutin Mon Amis" you'll sound like a pro!!!

Bon Appetit!!

And for any of you who want to pronounce "poutine" like a French Canadian...you pronounce it "poo-teh." That way, when you're actually in Quebec and you say "Poutin Mon Amis" you'll sound like a pro!!!

Bon Appetit!!

Are you sure about that? My two years of high school French tell me that the "n" is pronounced: "poo-TEEN." If there was no "e" on the end, then it would be "poo-TEH," with a nasal sound on the second syllable.

LOL wow am I lucky! DH drives an overnight shuttle to WI 5 nights a week, he brings home fresh cheese curds about 2x a week.... it's funny to hear some people can't get them.
Matter of fact he brought some home this morning. Squeek Squeek!!! Yummy these are GOOD!
Maybe I outta make some poutine and share!

Are you sure about that? My two years of high school French tell me that the "n" is pronounced: "poo-TEEN." If there was no "e" on the end, then it would be "poo-TEH," with a nasal sound on the second syllable.

I have read a lot of sites that pronounce it poo-tsin - here's how I pronounce it - din-ur :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom