"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Anyone interested in an IRL cookie exchange?

I realize I am still a bit new to this forum but I am totally addicted! I have met so many wonderful people here and learned so much. I have a great deasl of respect and admiration everyone here.

With that said, I was wondering if there is any interest in a real life cookie exchange. I was thinking about taking names of all interested parties and placing the names in a hat. Those names would then be matched up with a partner. You would then make a batch of your favorite cookies and ship them to each other along with the recipe on a recipe card with a note about the cookie. You can ask for as few as one partner or as many as you like. This is something I could easily coordinate. Plus, since it is the season of baking, what's an extra batch or two gonna hurt, right?

Any thoughts? Ideas? Whatever?

Old 12-12-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Sounds great to me!

Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Before we go any further, here are some stipulations / rules I thought of...

1. Please try to make your cookies as original as possible.

2. When submitting your name also include any dietary restrictions.

3. Although a fancy presentation isn't necessary, please, no piles of cookies on paper plates.

4. Along with the cookies, please include the recipe and possibly a brief story about how the recipe came to life.

5. All packages must be shipped by the 20th of December. Hopefully this will insure delivery before Christmas.

Anything I left out?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Wow, I really thought there would be a much bigger response to this thread. Maybe I should have started it a month ago so people could get to it sooner.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Today is our final posting day for foreign letters and parcels to ensure delivery before Christmas - and anyway, I think your Customs are pretty tight on importation of foodstuffs!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel
Today is our final posting day for foreign letters and parcels to ensure delivery before Christmas - and anyway, I think your Customs are pretty tight on importation of foodstuffs!
I think it's the same here Ish, our last day is some time this week (got all my stuff out ages ago). I know that customs can be pretty darn picky if they want to be, but if there was anyone else in the Rebuplic of Ireland who was interested I'd be happy to swap cookies (or should I say "biscuits" ).

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Sure, I see your point. However, there are still a TON of people who live here in the states. Plus, those of you in the EU and other parts of Europe can still participate amongst yourselves.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Talking

Well Chef.. it might just be you and I.

Maybe we should do it on "Heart" day instead.
It'd give other members more time to plan.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
Senior Cook

That just might work. I think you want to do it on Valentines day so you can get a sweet valentine from ME
Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

yeah!! That's the plan. Let's make hubby jealous! LOL!