"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-22-2004, 11:18 PM   #1
Master Chef

Anyone tried anything new lately??

When I was in Mendocino this week I tried for the first time: a soft goat mik cheese with garlic and dill. I also tried dry-aged goats milk cheese. Both were from the Yerba Santa Goat Dairy in Lakeport, CA.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:30 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Re: Anyone tried anything new lately??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
When I was in Mendocino this week I tried for the first time: a soft goat mik cheese with garlic and dill. I also tried dry-aged goats milk cheese. Both were from the Yerba Santa Goat Dairy in Lakeport, CA.
Hi Sierracook, I tried my first goat cheese several months ago and now I wonder why I waited so long! It was wonderful..Softened the goat cheese with a little heavy cream, then added in some finely diced dried apricots and a bit of honey, and finely minced walnuts, then stuffed some dried apricots and dates with the mix..We all enjoyed them.
kadesma :)

Old 10-22-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Master Chef

Cheese is one of my favorite foods. I am surprised that I have never tried it before. My mom also tried some and loved it. Yours sounds great!!

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:44 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraCook
Cheese is one of my favorite foods. I am surprised that I have never tried it before. My mom also tried some and loved it. Yours sounds great!!
Thanks, Sierracook, I love any kind of cheese. I shop at a grocery store that has just about any cheese you can name, I've seen cheeses in cookbooks and wondered about them and can find them and sample them at this store..What a delight..Every saturday I stop by the cheese section for several samples om my way through the store. :) Wonder what they will have out tomorrow :)
kadesma :)
Old 10-22-2004, 11:52 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Yes I tried something new today. I called the water district for a new water meter, free of charge cause mine is old, they came out and replaced it, and now have water pressure problems. So much for trying new things 8)
Old 10-23-2004, 09:50 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Yes I tried something new today. I called the water district for a new water meter, free of charge cause mine is old, they came out and replaced it, and now have water pressure problems. So much for trying new things 8)
amber, we have problems with our meter all the time because our water is so full of minerals. about once a year we have to call the town to have it fixed. inside the meter is a little hamster wheel looking thing that spins as the water passes it and that's how the passing volume is measured. if the plumbers stirred up something in a pipe and got crud or rust in the little chamber, the hamster wheel gets stuck and reduces the water flow a lot. i don't know if this is what happened to your meter, but you should ask them to check it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote