Anyone up for a meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
It's been ages since we have used this sub forum. It may be removed if we decide it's just not used enough.

So.......anyone up for a meal we sort of cook together?

Here's my plan. What about this Sunday? Since it is summer I thought we could do some grilling and smoking.

The way we used to do it is we would all make the same recipe (or close), make it, withhold comments until everyone had a chance to cook it (different time zones). Then when everyone was done we would post comments and pictures if that is an option for you.

I'll start with dessert first in posting :mrgreen: Since it's summer and fruit is fresh I am going to make a Rustic Blueberry Peach Tart.

For my main course I will be smoking some ribs - I don't know if I'll use baby backs or some other kind but I think this recipe looks pretty good but I will definitely be smoking mine.

Whatever else you guys do is up to you. Also, if someone doesn't like ribs they can substitute chicken - it's not that strict :LOL:

As always, this doesn't suit everyone's time so whoever can do it this time, please join me! If anyone ever wants to pick a time and a recipe or two, please, start a new thread and get people involved. We used to have so much fun doing this!

Anyone care to join me?

That sounds really fun!!!!
I'd be in but will have to wait until I can grocery shop.... Maybe the next round?

Allright...
Everyone go to the cupboard and grab that blue box of mac and cheese...
open...
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk.........

Maybe planning isn't such a good idea for me!

thanks elf. i missed doing this. it just fizzled out after a while. i guess i got to overzealous with it, lol
not much on dessert since dh can't eat anything good, lol, but, i'm up for brisket, that can be blended.

I will have to wait till I have alittle more cooking experience...wouldnt want to poison y'all:sick::LOL:

It's not us you have to worry about poisoning so feel free to cook away! :LOL:

Seriously, even if you just cook the tart - and now is the time to try something new like the ribs - or even use the marinade with chicken. You really won't ruin them - you just follow the recipe. I'll be smoking mine and I have no clue how long they will take so I'll just have to test them as I go. This is how we learn.

I've never cooked an edible loaf of bread in my life and you have!!!!! I'm so terribly jealous I can't stand it!

Just DO IT!

Ok you convinced me, but I'll have to wait till the next round! I just did grocery shopping & I dont have a few of the ingredients:neutral:Wowwy your jealous of lil ole me:ohmy: Im flattered:) Thanks

Well, if there aren't enough takers due to grocery shopping maybe I'll just make this for the Sunday after next. I hate to eat alone! :(

Those are almost exactly the same ribs I made on Sunday! But I changed a few ingredient i.e I used fresh lime juice instead of lemon, and I didn't use hoisin but used a tad oyster sauce. Other than that all the other ingredients are the same!
I would like to cook with you but I have 2 problems....I don't have a food processor and the only way I think my DF wouldn't mind the same recipe again is maybe if I used the marinade for some steaks I just bought instead of the ribs again (even though they came out perfect!!)

I don't think I can afford to do ribs since I have guests coming this Sunday. And I may make my tart gluten-free (unless I don't intend to share with my son). I'll talk to DH and see what we can come up with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom