"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Thanks Sierra & jennyema!
That recipe for the lettuce wraps looks yummy! dh doesn't like ginger, so I will have to omit :(

Old 02-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #12
Master Chef

Jeez, corazon, your hubby sounds like mine!! Some men are so picky!!
I'm surprised that mine is willing to do Thai, but, he said okay as long as there is no curry. He won't be eating the fritters, I guess :o)

Old 02-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Jeez, corazon, your hubby sounds like mine!! Some men are so picky!!
They like those tamales though, don't they? When I first met my husband, I thought he would eat anything in front of him. Now I think he's more picky than I am. He's funny, he likes eggs but only if there is so much other stuff in there that you can't taste the eggs. He is like that with most things he eats. I can't just make plain chicken, it has to be stuffed usually.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Think I will make these lettuce wraps
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art19384.asp
something to serve with rice too but I haven't decided on anything yet
Old 03-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #15
Master Chef

You guys are killing me. I'm drooling all over my keyboard. My local (Dubuque) Asian grocer keeps telling hubby how lucky he is. But I don't know enough people locally to make it worth the work sometimes. I made a "Thai style" soup last week, and hubby was in heaven (it was made with the last of the green curry paste I had on hand, coconut milk, chicken stock, and shrimp. To me it wasn't quite right because my herb garden is dead, but it came out pretty good anyway). I'm lucky enough that there is a southeast asian restaurant a half hour from here, but it isn't convenient. So I make do myself.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #16
Master Chef

You need to join us this weekend on Thai day. We cook different ethnic dishes each weekend and post what we make and pictures, if you have a camera.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Alright, think I'm going with Neua Pad Prik, or pepper beef. Stir fried with a bunch of veggies served with jasmine rice. I'm stll trying to find a good recipe though. Also the lettuce wraps and hopefully some thai iced tea.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I'm drooling here, myself. Thai food is one of my favorites.

I've had a cooking pamphlet for years from A Taste of Thai, and was able to find their site. The recipes are less complicated than most, IMO. The supermarket (in my neck of the woods) usually carries their products as well. If I recall, the coconut milk, is very good. Will try to find the recipe I made with chicken and coconut milk.

pds, I don't like hot & spicy, so I order the dishes w/o the *. Pad Thai Noodle is a must and Mee Grob (sp) is delish. Have to try the Thai Iced Coffee. It tastes like dessert. YUM. Wish I had the energy to cook all the dishes at home. These are easier though. Hope you see something you like.

http://www.atasteofthai.com/recipes.cfm
Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Ho hum. Looks like I may have to skip the thai, too bad since I was so excited about it. I was going to go shopping today for the thai feast, but had to take my sick Callum to the doc. Tomorrow I will let him rest by staying home. dh wants to go on a date before he goes back to work on Sunday. So, Saturday will be our date night, if Callum is well enough. I'm sad to miss out on the thai but at the same time happy to go out with my husband. I miss him. Have fun cookin' thai! Maybe I'll still do it next Friday or something. Take some photos this time around, I want to hear all about your meals! Maybe I should make my husband take me out for thai for our date.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #20
Master Chef

So, am I the only one doing this today??
Here is what I'm making.
The Pad Thai that pds listed,
Thai Chicken
Thai coconut rice

I'm going to lunch and a movie today. We're going to On the border. I have a feeling that it might be a bad mistake mixing the Mexican dishes and Thai dishes, but, I think it'll be worth the sickness tomorrow!! LOL