Anyone watch Chopped on Food Network?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noodlehead

Cook
I'm loving this show and even though Top Chef has a different format and you kind of root for a person throughout the months, Chopped is kind of a Reader's Digest version of a Top Chef type of show.

I was flipping channels the other week and found this show, I love it! It is amazing what people can think up on the spot. And even more amazing that it looks and TASTES good! I love food network but was getting tired of some of the show ideas. This has renewed my love.

I'd like to see it with average kitchen foodies like us competing. The short time limits would be my downfall... I am not a fast cook.
Some of their contests would be fun with "average joe" cooks too!

I can't get into the 30 minute meal with random ingredients thing. It's not very realistic, but when are reality shows very realistic... ;)

I'm getting "Chopped" and "Ultimate Recipe Showdown" mixed up. They're ultimately the same thing. I say, Food Network, it's one or the other and I'd vote to keep URS

For those who don't watch ...

One (Chopped) involves professional cooks that are handed random ingredients and asked to make something out of it on the spot.

Its a derivative of "Ready, Set, Cook" (which itself is a derivative of the British show, "Ready, Steady, Cook"

The other (URS) is a cooking contest for home cooks.

I don't think they have much in common.

Back
Top Bottom