Apocalypse/Solstice menu 12/21/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, it's OK. I just mentioned it.

Along with my steak I had some sauteed green beans, mushrooms and a split and grilled lobster tail. For dessert I munched on some pickled green beans using GG's Szechuan recipe. Good stuff :yum:

Looking good Pac :)

My husband brought home some smoked wild pig (boar?) that a friend of his who hunts gave him for the holidays. We're frying that up with some onions and eating it with rice and a salad. Saute'd up with some onions this will make a carnivore's eyes roll up in his head.

My husband brought home some smoked wild pig (boar?) that a friend of his who hunts gave him for the holidays. We're frying that up with some onions and eating it with rice and a salad. Saute'd up with some onions this will make a carnivore's eyes roll up in his head.

I'm just reading about it and my eyes are rolling back!:rolleyes:

good gawd pac, i've been loving the outsize size of your steaks for some time. now, i'm loving the huge, mouthwatering size of your lobster tails too! btw pac, what did it weigh in at?

The tail? A little over 1/2lb. The steak? Enough for today's lunch, too ;)

Thanks Kylie.

Sure, it's OK. I just mentioned it.

Along with my steak I had some sauteed green beans, mushrooms and a split and grilled lobster tail. For dessert I munched on some pickled green beans using GG's Szechuan recipe. Good stuff :yum:
Oh my Pac, what a feast!

I used to use a serving platter, Vit! :LOL:

Thanks Taxy. It felt good to go to town on a dinner. Hard to believe I lost my passion for cooking there for a while.

I used to use a serving platter, Vit! :LOL:
Pac, my grandparents gave my Mom (who loved to entertain and did all the family feasts) 12 large plates one year for Christmas. They were beautiful and huge...it turned out they were round serving plates. She used them for dinner that day and was found by my Dad in the kitchen crying her eyes out after. When he asked her why she said her dinner must have been horrible because only Uncle Clark (who usually had thirds) went back for a second helping and a few left food on their plates. My Dad said "didn't you see how they filled their plates? We are all stuffed - look at all the food that is gone!" Her eyes lit up and after that there was always a warning on the size of the plate.

You just reminded me of that happy memory, which I needed. Thanks :)

And by the way, your dinner did look extra YUM! ;)

Maybe we should all include some toast for dinner :)
Let's see... how come when I put bread in the oven I'm toasting it, but if it's veggies I'm roasting them ;)
We had quite a few toasts with supper last night, starting with the traditional Danish one when one has guests, "Skol og velkommen!"

My first Solstice dinner party was last night. We had a rolled pork roast with brown basmati rice, a "spring greens medley" salad with http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/garlic-dressing-of-doom-67809.html#post930208 (and a vinaigrette for the lactose intolerant guest), and rødkål. Served it with Henkel and Royale de Neuville. Trifle for dessert.

Pac, my grandparents gave my Mom (who loved to entertain and did all the family feasts) 12 large plates one year for Christmas. They were beautiful and huge...it turned out they were round serving plates. She used them for dinner that day and was found by my Dad in the kitchen crying her eyes out after. When he asked her why she said her dinner must have been horrible because only Uncle Clark (who usually had thirds) went back for a second helping and a few left food on their plates. My Dad said "didn't you see how they filled their plates? We are all stuffed - look at all the food that is gone!" Her eyes lit up and after that there was always a warning on the size of the plate.

You just reminded me of that happy memory, which I needed. Thanks :)

And by the way, your dinner did look extra YUM! ;)

Your poor mother :LOL:
That must have really had her wondering.

And thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom