Apocalypse/Solstice menu 12/21/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Dinner Friday 21st December

Tonight we are making Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice and a lovely crusty continental bread

Well, seein's as how the world didn't come to an end AND it is Solstice Day (winter in the northern hemisphere--summer in the southern), what are y'all having today?
I am thinkin' something on the firepit, but it is a trifle windy... maybe cow meat or yard buzzard. I am also open for suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll grill up some chicken breast cutlets for a chicken Caeser salad. As to the solstice, Waes hael!

We will have the salmon I didn't do yesterday. That's all I know so far. Wasn't sure I should plan a big meal or not! ;)

Extremely cold and windy here. There have already been a couple of trees blown down in the yard. Glenn hasn't checked the fields yet to see if any are down on the fences.

So, since it's this cold I decided chili would be a good choice to warm us up. I put a big pot on about an hour ago and the house is beginning to smell pretty darn good. I also have a batch of cornmeal pan rolls enjoying their first rise. They'll be in to bake in a little while and are nice and hearty and stand up well to chili. Plus, they're one of Glenn's favorite yeast rolls.

We'll wash it down with iced tea and sweeten up the ending with some of the caramel butterscotch bars I made a few days ago.

No biggie meal plans here. Still working on the leftovers. Spending the afternoon wrapping gifts. Have the meatloaf and mashed taters still in the fridge so will reheat those. Might open some green beans to go with it but that will be all.

Somebody should merge the thread Kylie started yesterday... :)

I've got a taste for cioppino, but not having any seafood in the house I'll have steak. :wacko: Too adverse to dealing with the crowds in the stores to go shopping today for just seafood.

I wasn't planning on cooking today as I thought we'd all be toast at the stroke of midnight.

I guess I'll toss some burgers on the grill and mash some potatoes.

Somebody should merge the thread Kylie started yesterday... :)

I've got a taste for cioppino, but not having any seafood in the house I'll have steak. :wacko: Too adverse to dealing with the crowds in the stores to go shopping today for just seafood.

Thanks Pac, it is OK...

We had Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice and a lovely crusty continental bread, it was really nice, we added cream to it too, yum!

I wasn't planning on cooking today as I thought we'd all be toast at the stroke of midnight.

I guess I'll toss some burgers on the grill and mash some potatoes.

Maybe we should all include some toast for dinner :)
Let's see... how come when I put bread in the oven I'm toasting it, but if it's veggies I'm roasting them ;)

Maybe we should all include some toast for dinner :)
Let's see... how come when I put bread in the oven I'm toasting it, but if it's veggies I'm roasting them ;)

I dunno but I baked some dinner rolls yesterday ...

Not sure where we'll end up. We're thinking of doing some shopping tonight and going out to dinner, so we'll probably eat wherever the line doesn't extend outside.

Thanks Pac, it is OK...

We had Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice and a lovely crusty continental bread, it was really nice, we added cream to it too, yum!

Sure, it's OK. I just mentioned it.

Along with my steak I had some sauteed green beans, mushrooms and a split and grilled lobster tail. For dessert I munched on some pickled green beans using GG's Szechuan recipe. Good stuff :yum:

Attachments

• Surf & Turf.jpg
    Surf & Turf.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 234
good gawd pac, i've been loving the outsize size of your steaks for some time. now, i'm loving the huge, mouthwatering size of your lobster tails too! btw pac, what did it weigh in at?

p.s. the dinner threads have been successfully merged. good job! congress could take a tip or two from us about working together....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom