Apple Pie Toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Maybe it's a Norwegian thing but my grandma used to put a slice of cheddar cheese on top of hers and let it melt a bit. That's how I do mine and love it that way. I think it may have something to do with the cheese taking some of the sweetness away from the taste and add a bit of saltiness. Husband thinks I'm weird as he likes vanilla ice cream on his or with his.

What's your poison? :P

My grandpa, who was of German and PA Dutch descent always did the cheddar cheese thing, too. I've never tried it, but I should. Rest of the family usually opts for vanilla ice cream. If I have ice cream it has to be on the side, not on top. Just one of my quirks! :LOL:

My paternal grandparents who were Scotch/Irish/English did the sharp cheddar cheese thing, but Dad always liked vanilla ice cream. My maternal grandma who was German/Irish gave everyone a choice (most took cheese), but she usually opted for vanilla ice cream, as does my step-mom who is PA German (she thinks the idea of cheese on apple pie is disgusting). Me .... I like cheese!

With my home made vanilla bean ice cream!

I don't do the cheddar cheese with pie but, I do agree that cheddar and vanilla ice cream are good together.

OK, my Dad (Ukrainian) LOVED the oldest cheddar he could find on his apple pie. It is cool to see how many people like it that way.

I personally like my apple pie cold. If I put anything on it at all it would be a drizzle of caramel sauce, but I hardly ever do that.

I like my apple pie hot with french vanilla ice cream on the side.

Bang did you say the N word? We cannot say that awful word here. How do I post the recipe for N**** Brownies? There is a N**** Chef and isn't there a movie called The N**** and the Dead? OK, getting off my soap box. You can't fight city hall.

PA Baker said:
Does changing the color of letters keep things from getting edited?
Why are you wondering? Why is Wasabi teaching you these things? What does this have to do with apple pie?

MJ said:
PA Baker said:
Why are you wondering? Why is Wasabi teaching you these things? What does this have to do with apple pie?

Sorry, MJ, I was just curious! Don't worry, I won't say/do anyting bad (at least while you're on line)! :LOL: And yes, we're a bit off the topic of apple pie.

PA Baker said:
MJ said:
PA Baker said:

Sorry, MJ, I was just curious! Don't worry, I won't say/do anyting bad (at least while you're on line)! :LOL: And yes, we're a bit off the topic of apple pie.
:P

wasabi said:
Why is that word banned? :roll:
That word is in the list of words that gets changed. I believe the Admin has set up that list. These words go through a edit machine and it keeps track of the naughty posters. After you use so many "bad" words, you are banned I think.
Now, to get back on topic... I love a scoop of vanilla ice cream on my apple pie. I love cheddar cheese but I'm not sure how that would taste on pie for me. Hrmmm. I might try that soon.

well, if i ever disappear someday, you guys will know why. i will have reached my limit of bad words, and will have been banned. :oops:

i don't like the censorship machine. i've heard they feed it small children to keep it placated!!!

oh, back to the topic before there's a knock at the door :shock:

i like vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, marshmallow cream, and occasionally maple syrup.

I like ice cream or clotted cream with mine. Have not tried cheddar. I have several recipes where the cheddar is baked into the pie crust, which are on my to do list to try.

Back
Top Bottom