April 11, 2019 - International Louie Louie Day Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
By some accounts "Louie Louie" is the world's most recorded rock song with over 1,600 versions and counting. According to the wikipedia post, after the Kingsmen's version came out (which nobody could understand the words), "Crumpled pieces of paper professing to be "the real lyrics" to "Louie Louie" circulated among teens".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louie_Louie#International_Louie_Louie_Day

Tonight's dinner will be mustard coated salmon steaks on the grill, boiled red potatoes, and asparagus. I think I'll do the asparagus on the grill as well.

DD want meat tortellini with tomato sauce and cheese and garlic bread sticks.

Migraine isn't as bad, but not gone yet. We had leftover pizza, heated on an electric skillet with the lid on.

We spent a lot of time and money today shopping at our local supermarket and Costco.

Of course, if you go to Costco, you buy a rotisserie chicken (rotchk). Tonight, for a change of pace, we had chicken sandwiches on fresh scali bread with chips and pickles.

I made a chicken jambalaya tonight, using a ham steak and two packs of boneless thighs out of the freezer. I've been getting a lot of that stuff out of the freezer, to make room for things from the garden this summer. I have not bought anything this year to stock the freezer with, no matter how good the sale was! lol And only a few things go in, like when I have made two loaves of bread, which I use up fairly quickly.

I was out all day today, so I had a late lunch/early supper out. I had a pretty decent fish-n-chips. It was made with haddock (which I prefer to cod) and was actually crisp in the crust, and flakey inside. So many places serve soggy fish. Good "chips" too.

So, tonight, just grazing on light snack foods.

CD

Homemade pizza tonight. Toppings are later to be determined by what's on hand. I'll try and remember a picture.

You just can't buy a pizza like this! There was lots of pleasure groaning going on with it tonight. :yum:

white pizza sauce
Moz. cheese
chopped Pancetta
sliced red onion
green bell pepper
sliced artichoke hearts
small raw shrimp
more Moz and parm. on top
Baked on a pre heated stone at 500 degrees for 12 minutes.
slices topped with fresh basil ribbons.

Attachments

• P4110007[1].jpg
    P4110007[1].jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 83
That looks delish Kay, and I love the sound of those ingredients. :yum:

Nothing exciting here tonight, but it was good. I had take out spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. Feeling lazy as far as cooking. :)

Back
Top Bottom