April 5, 2014 What's on the plate tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be having a watermelon, arugula and feta salad with honey vinaigrette (copycatting from BJ's Restaurant, as I mentioned in another thread :)).

Not sure yet for a side, but probably will be pita bread and tomato basil hummus from Trader Joe's. :) Just heading out to wash off the patio table so I can have a nice late afternoon dinner outside.

Breaded chicken cutlets and leftover seafood pasta. I'm skipping the pasta and eating my cutlet on some homemade rosemary bread. Marinated cucumber salad on the side.

Cuban night for us. Trying a new recipe called boliche cubano with a small beef roast, stuffed with chorizo, braised with carrots, onions, green olives and potatoes. Black beans and rice on the side and some cuban bread from a local bakery. The boliche cubano looks like most of the chorizo stuffing has ejected itself, but I don't think the taste will suffer too much.

I had scrambled eggs mixed with red bell pepper, black olives, and extra sharp cheddar. Served with a baguette.

I have some chili rice and chicken, stirred two cups of baby kale, baby spinach and baby arugula into it. Yummy!

We had the leftovers from the Indian food we ordered two days ago. Tandoori chicken and lamb Madras. I nuked some brown basmati rice from the freezer and a package of Punjab eggplant. Very tasty.

Neither one of us felt much like eating until it got late. Ended up making grilled cheese sandwiches - with tomato for Himself, with bread & butter pickles for me. They hit the spot.

Back
Top Bottom