April 6, 2017... Wassup for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
The plan here is to grill some chicken wings, and serve with some KFC style potato wedges.

I've never made the potato wedges before, but it looks pretty easy on YouTube. I'll find out.

CD

Can't find the link right now. Here's what I have:

Honey Garlic Shrimp

1/3 cups honey
1/4 cups soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
1 pound shrimp (medium tail-on, peeled & deveined)
2 teaspoons olive oil
green onions (optional: chopped, for garnish)

Make a marinade from the first 4 ingredients. Use half the marinade to marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes or more. Cook the shrimp in a skillet until almost done then add the unused marinade and simmer for a minute or so. Serve over rice.

I have a chunk of boneless pork loin sitting on a bed of onion wedges in the slow cooker right now, smothered in sauerkraut dusted with caraway seed, half a beer for the simmer juice. We'll have that over creamy mashed potatoes and served with steamed asparagus (for her) and sauteed Brussels sprouts leaves (mostly for him). Gotta go pull those leaves off the sprouts soon...

...I've never made the potato wedges before, but it looks pretty easy on YouTube...
I've made potato wedges for decades. You want to get some starch out, so I always soak the wedges in ice water for at least 20 minutes, blot them dry really good, and then toss with oil and seasonings before spreading on the baking tray. I roast at 425-450 for about 20 minutes, flip, and then roast about another 15-20. :) So good! I hope yours turn out good, too.

I marinated chicken breast chunks in soy, sriracha, and garlic, and shook them up with some panko crumbs, then baked. So that with some coleslaw. Debating on making some cornmeal muffins as I scrounged up my seldom used silicone muffin pan along with muffin papers.

dawg, your spicy chicken no-guts sound good. And zesty. Two-beer spicy, maybe. :ermm:

I hope you and Mrs. 10 enjoy it, tenspeed. Himself and I each had a nibble of the pork meat before I bagged and froze it. I was thinking of keeping some out for our supper later this week, but I resisted. It was yummy, and not as spicy as the recipe for the pork in the slaw recipe link looks. BTW, I used boneless pork sirloin roast in mine because it was on sale cheap - and I'm not a fan of too much greasy fat no matter how good it is. Except for bacon. Bacon fat is God's Gold. :yum:

Son picked up a HUGE cabbage and 5 lbs of hamburger. I made a huge cole slaw, then the hamburger/cabbage/tomato/onions skillet recipe, and I still have 1/3 the cabbage left. I'm making a meatloaf with the rest of the hamburger.

The other day I broke out my Crock Pot and made Country Style Pork Ribs in my recipe for Marinara, cooked it all day, pulled the meat out of the sauce, bagged and tagged it for later and divvied up the sauce.
Today I made fresh Tagliatelle with Semolina; that will be topped with the Marinara and fall-apart-tender Pork and a side of ciabatta.
:yum:
Man!
Did you hear my stomach?
:)

Roasted one pan dinner today... Pork tenderloin slathered with hoisin sauce, green beans and new potatoes mixed with oo/garlic and Italian seasonings..

Asian/Italian fusion??? A bit of each from Cooks Country and Girl in the Kitchen...

Smells good... Waiting patiently...

Norman Van Aken's sushi kushi with spicy grilled shrimp. Avocado and red onion salad. Homemade pickled ginger. Sauce for shrimp is sesame oil, tamari (soy), sriracha, egg yolk and a few other things. Very, very good.

D4YI7JmU5-M7A2ySLX6dxfn-Z6i0RJOD6i1bSoCKrkYpX92IB

Last edited:
I've made potato wedges for decades. You want to get some starch out, so I always soak the wedges in ice water for at least 20 minutes, blot them dry really good, and then toss with oil and seasonings before spreading on the baking tray. I roast at 425-450 for about 20 minutes, flip, and then roast about another 15-20. :) So good! I hope yours turn out good, too.

I found a YouTube video at the channel, Hellthy Junk Food (not a typo), for copycat KFC potato wedges. I like KFC's potato wedges.

I did soak my wedges in water, and drained, refilled and par cooked by boiling. I battered them, and put them on a tray in the freezer -- freezing them is supposed to help the batter stay adhered to the taters. I am going to deep fry them.

Certainly not healthy, but hopefully tasty.

CD

Last edited:
dinners all sound good, Med your shrimp look great. I am still in CT, eating junk mostly :-( early flight on Friday and back in the kitchen Friday night and Saturday. Home next week and the out the next. hey! pays the rent!

dinners all sound good, Med your shrimp look great. I am still in CT, eating junk mostly :-( early flight on Friday and back in the kitchen Friday night and Saturday. Home next week and the out the next. hey! pays the rent!

Ain't business travel wonderful? You go to a restaurant, and eat a 15-dollar salad that has 1,500 calories and 30 grams of fat. :rolleyes:

CD

Can't find the link right now. Here's what I have:

Honey Garlic Shrimp

1/3 cups honey
1/4 cups soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced)
1 pound shrimp (medium tail-on, peeled & deveined)
2 teaspoons olive oil
green onions (optional: chopped, for garnish)

Make a marinade from the first 4 ingredients. Use half the marinade to marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes or more. Cook the shrimp in a skillet until almost done then add the unused marinade and simmer for a minute or so. Serve over rice.

Late change. SO had a craving for hot dogs. So we had hot dogs on toasted buns, sauerkraut and baked beans.

The pork was well trimmed (probably tossed at least 25% of it away), but it was still pretty tasty and moist. Mrs. T liked it. She wasn't all that fond of the slaw, but we have to keep on trying new things.

Back
Top Bottom