April Fool's Dinner....4-1-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Have a lot of fresh produce now, so I'll be having a mega loaded up salad for dinner this afternoon - too many veggies to mention. Marie's Ranch dressing and croutons to top.

What's on your plate? :chef:

I'm simmering a quick marinara sauce for tonight's dinner. We'll have that over some spaghetti.

April Fools Dinner....4-1-15

I'm not sure I'm asking, Cheryl. Thinking it has something to do with eating really good friends.

April Fools Dinner....4-1-15

Cold Cuts...

Oh sure, Sweeny Todd...

Since DH consumed my breakfast sandwich that I'd planned to eat for lunch, I had Sour Cream and Onion Pringles with cottage cheese that hasn't yet expired.

DH is on his own.

Last edited:
My mega loaded up salad for this afternoon's dinner. :yum:

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 196
Thanks, Dawg. It was delish. :)

(Kay...will you post your review of Cinderella in the movie thread, please? It's playing here now. On that off topic subject, I'm just now settling in to watch Wild, finally....)

My hubby is one of so few pancreatic cancer survivors. We were so blessed with an innovative doctor who made him clean with whole-health advice and of course the awful radiation and chemotherapy stuff.

The diet worked, as well as all his awful treatments and he is thriving and very much alive. Today was one year of being clean, and we celebrated but not in a way you would think.

For dinner, we decided to welcome spring. We had a big bowl of cut up cantaloup, watermelon, cut and peeled grapefruit and Mandarin oranges, black grapes and red grapes.

Then we decided to completely clog our arteries with toasted bratwursts over the backyard fire pit. We just gnawed them from the forks and enjoyed the fruit.

Sometimes it isn't exactly the food. Sometimes the meal is often given to rejoicing to the fact that he has survived this and he's here with me. Last year I wasn't very optimistic and thought I would be a widow.

I love every second and food we make is always the best...at least for us. I remember his cancer doc saying this:

"If you weren't a good cook he'd be screaming to get into a rehab place."

Many jokes, many tears, many prayers and much love got us here! YAY!!!!!

My hubby is one of so few pancreatic cancer survivors.

Wow you have much to celebrate...congratulations!

Cold Cuts...

hahahaha

It was instant diner/comfort food at our house. I thickened a jar of homemade French onion soup and simmered a couple of leftover grilled burgers in it. With mashed potatoes and (shudder) canned peas. DH asks for canned peas every now and then...I guess it makes him feel like a kid again, lol.

Wow you have much to celebrate...congratulations!

hahahaha

It was instant diner/comfort food at our house. I thickened a jar of homemade French onion soup and simmered a couple of leftover grilled burgers in it. With mashed potatoes and (shudder) canned peas. DH asks for canned peas every now and then...I guess it makes him feel like a kid again, lol.

Thank you!

Diner/comfort food is always a welcome plate here. I hope the shuddering didn't loosen any dental work LOL!

We were out chasing repaired cars and mail box stands all day. Throw in a grocery store or two and...what dinner? :LOL:

We stopped at the new (and almost-close) Chick-fil-a between Lowe's store #1 and Lowe's store #2. I had their original chicken sandwich, Himself got an order of three chicken strips, ate one, finished the other two hours later at home. His doctor put him on some sort of medicine that, although it's not for diet or appetite control, pretty much has clipped the amount of food he consumes.

My hubby is one of so few pancreatic cancer survivors. We were so blessed with an innovative doctor who made him clean with whole-health advice and of course the awful radiation and chemotherapy stuff....
What a blessing. You hear of so many people that are taken so quickly with that cancer, it's nice to hear a good story. I hope your dear hubby is as lucky as my neighbor's Mom. She was diagnosed and treated when she was in her early 50's and lived to around age 78. May he be as fortunate to live long.

CCL--that's amazing. Blessings to you and your husband. CG--the prognosis for those with pancreatic cancer is usually very grim. To survive is AMAZING--CCL's hubby joins a very small number of pancreatic cancer survivors. Pancreatic cancer research needs more funding--there has to be an answer--I'm sure Steve Jobs' family would say the same. With all the demands for charitable dollars, it is hard to give to all, but pancreatic cancer research is on my short list of charities I support (can't afford to support many).

Since I ate a HUGE breakfast, I wasn't really hungry, so I just peeled a couple of kohlrabi, sliced them thinly, sprinkled the slices with S&P, some EVOO and ate them. Then I finished off the rest of the black beans. Similar to DL's potato chips and cottage cheese. Not really a meal...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom