Are we cooking tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made chicken meatballs which are now simmering in my marinara sauce. It smells pretty good in here.
This will top angle hair pasta.

Michelemarie said:
We are getting massages tonight - the lady comes to our house - so it is quick and easy ---- Roasted chicken breast (either teriyaki or italian herbs and olive oil), parmesan and pine nut couscous and green beans.

OMG, I wanna be in your circle!!!!:-p

Sounds pretty good, GB. Don't forget your greens.

Kadesma, bless your heart...you are putting jewels in you crown. I suggest you take some b-complex stress formula vitamins. And please get some rest. It won't help your mom any if you get down.

We're having burgers and Johnsonville brats on the grill. It's a beautiful day here. One of my older grandsons, the gardener, is getting the perennial bed cleaned up, and the little one is "helping". Actually, he's a very good helper.

texasgirl said:
OMG, I wanna be in your circle!!!!:-p
Me too! I could really use a massage! kadesma needs one more than any of us though, get your dh to give you one kadesma.

Don't know if I'll be cooking tonight. My goal for the day is moderately, if not super, clean house and banana bread. dh has taken Aidan for a "dad day." Gymnasics class, park, picnic, Ice Age 2, & Costco. He'll bring home a bunch of food, so dinner will be something out of what he buys.

kadesma, enjoy your meal tonight! Kick up your heels and relax.

happy birthday to mrs. buckytom too!

Last edited:
Don't know anyone who deserves a night off more than kadesma. Best wishes for a relaxing evening.

happy birthday to mrs. bucky. I'd sleep too.

Well, we ended up at Osaka last night - one of a chain of Japanese restaurants. This was our 1st time at the one that just opened up in our neighborhood.

It was "okay". I'd go again to try more of the sushi, which I think is probably what they do best.

We started out with Miso Soup (as usual), which I found a bit bland. I like a bit more miso in my Miso Soup. Also, there were no cubes of tofu - just a couple of slices of button mushroom & a few shreds of scallion. Eh.

We followed this by sharing an order of 3 Tekka Maki rolls (which is raw tuna wrapped in spiced rice & seaweed, for those here not into sushi). It was excellent. The pieces of tuna inside the roll were large, instead of the tiny little nubbins one so frequently gets with these rolls. It was also impeccably fresh & seasoned just right.

Husband then had the Hibachi Chicken and Shrimp; I had the Hibachi Steak. Both were good & very reasonably priced for what we got, & the quality was excellent. Particularly nice was that the meat, vegetables, & rice were not overly salty - something that a lot of these Japanese restaurants are sometimes a bit heavy on.

We finished with Red Bean & Green Tea ice creams - which were also good.

Back
Top Bottom