"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
Army Navy Game Day, Dec. 12, 2015

Waiting all year long for this game!
I've got a pot of all homemade Chicken Noodle Soup started,
which we'll have Ham & Cheese Paninis for early supper.

Howz`bout you folks?

Old 12-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
Waiting all year long for this game!
Howz`bout you folks?
No, I have not been waiting all year for this game. It means this is the End of college football season. However, it is the last chance to whoop it up good and the Army/ Navy game has a long tradition and rivalry, so it will be fun.

I am trying to do Math today and count how many more months of winter we have to look forward to, I Say Three, instead of our usual 6, now if the numbers will just crunch instead of snow underfoot.

I will slide a Tuna Casserole in the oven later, only I am using diced leftover Chicken and I have Cream Celery Soup instead of cream mushroom ( who bought this I'd like to know.) Using Both crushed potato chip and grated cheese topping, so it's more festive.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Not a college football fan.

I've started a recipe of chili verde by roasting some tomatillos,onion, garlic and chilies. I'll make cornbread to go with it.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Army Navy Game Day, Dec. 12, 2015

Not a football fan here.

DH has an extremely short attention span, was hungry, and his tennising partner is out of town, so I instructed him in the fine art of tuna salad making. Kept him busy for at least 10 minutes.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Master Chef

I'll catch the second half of the game when I get home from shopping. Unlike Andy, we live love college football in this house. Actually, neither college nor pro come close to the fun you have when you watch your own progeny run around his high school field working his tail off for the love of the game, along with his fellow athletes. I miss those days...

Dawg, ten minutes? As soon as I start talking food and prep to Himself, his eyes start to glaze over.

We'll be cleaning out leftovers - half an Uno's pizza and a serving of last night's chicken and mushroom. Have to make room for the fresh stuff moving in later.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

That's a football game? Sorry, no interest whatsoever here

I bought a couple of thick pork chops yesterday. I'll season them up with something yet to be determined and pan-sear & roast them. Then I'll make a creamy mustard pan sauce and serve them with doctored-up Stove Top Stuffing and salad.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

CG. I figured if the dude was hungry, he could make his own food for once! He likes my tuna salad, I didn't feel like making it, and we have all the major players on hand. I did not supervise too closely, other than telling him where to find the chopped green onions in the freezer.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Rocklobster's pork medallions in mushroom cream sauce. I have some brussel sprouts, and I think I'll roast them.

It's in the mid 50's today, but grilling isn't so appealing when sunset is 4:10 PM. This is the earliest it sets, and it's going to slowly start setting later. We're like Whiska, hoping for a short winter.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:53 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Rocklobster's pork medallions in mushroom cream sauce. I have some brussel sprouts, and I think I'll roast them.

It's in the mid 50's today, but grilling isn't so appealing when sunset is 4:10 PM. This is the earliest it sets, and it's going to slowly start setting later. We're like Whiska, hoping for a short winter.
I am just south of you. Presently our temp is59F. In Dec.? But then I only live a block or so from the Atlantic. I just hope and pray we don't have a repeat of last winter. That was brutal.

No football here today. I don't know if the Patriots are playing tomorrow. If they are, I can kiss my TV goodbye for the day. It will be a good excuse to take a long nap tomorrow. Or mix up some more cookie dough.
Old 12-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #10
Master Chef

Himself was feeling pretty snotty when I left for shopping, so I came back home with a W.O.G., which is what a rotisserie chicken rings up as at Market Basket. What does "WOG" stand for? With Out Giblets!

Anyroad, I made an Asian-inspired chicken veggie soup, heavy on the veggies as well as fresh ginger discs and garlic. He's been feeling better ever since.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-12-12 21.04.29.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	23974