Asian foods week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubblygal

Assistant Cook
Asian Foods anyone? SOrry i'm new here. Would love to share with all of you what i cook for my family this week for dinner. Any asian food lovers here? Kindly share yours too.

Soup of the day:

Water crest soup

Dishes:

Wantan with thai swt chilli sauce

Pan fried fish with bean paste

Fermented beancurd paste chicken

Desset of the day:

Rainbow agar agar(Jelly)

Attachments

• fermented_beancurd_chicken.jpg
    fermented_beancurd_chicken.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 428
  • watercrest_soup.jpg
    watercrest_soup.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 735
  • wantan_wif_thai_swt_chilli_sauce.jpg
    wantan_wif_thai_swt_chilli_sauce.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 309
  • pan_fried_fish.jpg
    pan_fried_fish.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 302
  • rainbow_agar_agar.jpg
    rainbow_agar_agar.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 465
Last edited by a moderator:
How lovely!! From someone who has their wok out nearly all the time, I'd love the recipes. What type of fish did you use?

I also make & steam dumplings quite a bit in a bamboo steamer. Husband doesn't eat red meat, so the fillings are either vegetarian, seafood, or poultry.

I'm coming over, where did you say you live? :)

I love Asian food. Cook a little bit my self, but nothing that looks that good.
Give us the recipes; I’m particularly interested in wantons.

BreezyCooking: Hi I used baby red snappers for the fish.

I used veg, seafood, or poultry for my wantan or dumplings @ times too depends who is going to eat it . Or i will add shrimps inside the meat, add abit of spring oinions and water chestnut to either deep fried it or steam it too.

CharlieD: i'm staying in a sunny island call SINGAPORE :rolleyes:

The recipe for the wantan:

Wantan skins

Minced pork/chicken
Minced water chestnut
Abit of spring onion
Minced shrimp (optional)

Seasoning:
Abit of light soya sauce, seseme oil, pepper

Tonite dinner is abit simple just a one dish meal with soup cause inside the cabbage rice, there are mushroom, meat, dry shrimp & of cause cabbages.

Soup of the day:

Meatball with Dry beancurd skin soup

Dish of the day:

Cabbage rice

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the shallot oil cake I'd done last weekend:chef:
Do you like it?

y1pCqOZkcGdXpJgbG7rM8xr332-ifiJAsoHOfIrvcDQlyNzMVRHFHuHRm_jDfxRSLTJtRxOmxa5fy4

Wow wow wow where do you live?When are you eating this stuff exactly so I know how long I have to get there! Love all Asian food anytime.

Chinse Doupi

:chef:
I made another food last weekend, it's called Toupi. It's a food in southern China. It has three layers. The first layer is fried by mixture of flour and egg. The second layer is steamed sticky rice. And the last layer is stir fired chips made of Toupu, pickles, meat,etc.
y1pCqOZkcGdXpKP7yN_-xFNf_KKn57wiTNLqItwD5H0Xf48-9Pnxi1buF5ND3HkuzE4djRBFUpDe2Y

y1pCqOZkcGdXpJEvZVbjn4AMpjAiKR0NaDbwsY2qUW2P-u6peN-ZR6Yd4RcCm2QufhY4usn_6jhKbo

y1pCqOZkcGdXpKNzASFg8lNj8ZUVGNMOzPEpJVdaVCp7LCVviERM5d6KqgcX8K5QG34nBRpF6Y8lY0

You can see what's inside.;)

Singapore

BreezyCooking: Hi I used baby red snappers for the fish.

I used veg, seafood, or poultry for my wantan or dumplings @ times too depends who is going to eat it . Or i will add shrimps inside the meat, add abit of spring oinions and water chestnut to either deep fried it or steam it too.

CharlieD: i'm staying in a sunny island call SINGAPORE :rolleyes:

Rats, I was going to ask if I could come by for a lesson or two in your kitchen. Guess not. What an inspiration. My wok has been gathering dust for too long - better break it in again. :) Keep the pictures and instructions coming. Google maps just told me they can't calculate the driving directions between Ohio and Singapore.:(

lol, david.

you'd better get a good fast start and build up some speed.

wow! i can't stand it anymore. i'm going to eat my monitor!

hmmm, i'll need some really big chopsticks first.

see what I cooked yesterday:

2198675904_882ac4345a_o.jpg

Stir-fried julienne green bean and ground beef

I first break ends off green beans. Slice one green bean in half longwise and cut each obtained slice into another half longwise.
For ground beef: Season ground beef with salt and soy sauce, not too much, just for taste. Add 2 tbsp oil and blend them well (this can avoid ground beef sticking together and forming balls).
In a hot wok, add some oil and stir-fry julienne green bean until it turns into bright green color; stir in ground beef, and scatter beef over green bean. Keep on stirring until clear oil can be seen (water has all evaporated).
Pour the stir-fried mixture into a sieve to remove oil (liquid fat).
Well, now, it is ready to serve (with rice cooked).

(sorry, the pic is too large, I have no idea how to re-size it)

I can't insert an image. :( Do you have to post at least 20 to do that?

Wonderful photo's I lived in Japan for two years and love Asian cooking, do some my self now and then. But nothing like you have shown us on this post Good Job.

I'm making some 5-spice chicken wings and steamed pork wontons later in the week-- will try to post pics here.

These dishes all look wonderful! Though I'm positive that my husband wouldn't touch the rainbow agar agar with a 10-foot poll. Rainbow food, he would say. Bah! :) Looks good to me, though-- I loved Rainbow Bright as a girl.

Back
Top Bottom