Aug 1. Thursday's child stuff your face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
:chef:
No idea yet what I am having for dinner.
Hopefully something grilled!

Tonight is forecasted to be pouring rain so dinner will be an indoor meal. Chinese pepper steak with jasmine rice.

remembering the childhood rhyme, pac,

let's see here...monday's child was fair of face,
tuesday's child was full of grace,
wednesday's child was full of woe, then
help me out here, pac--
thursday's child got to stuff his face? lucky child!
is that right, pac? i can't wait to see what friday brings....:)

Thursday's child has far to go.

I made my cucumber-tomato salad again today. Added some black quinoa, a small kohlrabi (julienned), radish sprouts (chopped), and some pepitos this time. It's my recipe--I can play with it <g>. The DH is bringing a pork loin. Not sure what I'm going to do with that. The weather is not grilling weather.

(I was born on a Sunday).

Last edited:
Was going to be turkey burgers on the grill, but then I saw Andy's weather report. ;) Forgot we're supposed to get rain. Well it looks like the last of the leftovers, plus I bought a rotisserie chicken a couple days ago - the legs will go towards dinner, the breast will be made up into a salad with celery, green grapes and almond slices. And, of course, I'm never without salad fixin's.

DH requested a sweet sausage sammie for dinner so that's what he will have - with sauteed bell peppers and onions and a red sauce. He may even put some cheese on top. I will have leftover BBQ chicken and fruit salad.

I picked up some frozen fish filets at the store so I'll bake those and heat up the garlic butter noodles left over from dinner a few days ago. I'll also set out the lettuce and stuff for salads.

Got the meat sauce on for the lasagna that I didn't get made yesterday. Om nom nom nom. I feel like Garfield tonight. Caesar salad or avocado tomato cucumber to go with.

DH and I had Chinese buffet for lunch, so it will just be snacky stuff tonight.

Portuguese beans, with bacon, Linguisa, onions, garlic, chopped tomatoes some brown sugar, and cumin. also cucumber, tomato, avocado salad, with baby greens, lots of warm Italian bread and butter. Apricot oatmeal bars for dessert and vanilla ice cream.
kades

i had to look this up. I too was born on a sunday.

Grillin' up some burgers, sliced zukes, onions and a corn on the cob to celebrate THURSDAY.

Sliced rib-eye on a pretzel roll w/ A-1.
39817-albums960-picture5599.jpg

I'm still trying for some inspiration.
I'm not feeling very energetic. I was willing to make beef and broccoli or steak and potatoes with a nice sauce, but neither of those appealed to Stirling. He would have eaten it, but I want enthusiasm if I'm going to put in any effort today. So, we've ordered a small sub, poutine, and wings.

The sausage sandwich sounds good.
Good enough to maybe make me run out for some rolls and a pepper.

I've got the sausage in the fry pan right now rendering out. Sausage, onions and peppers it is.

Back
Top Bottom