August 1, 2018, Wednesday, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Shrimp and vege tagine.

Attachments

• 2018-08-01 18.03.44.jpg
    2018-08-01 18.03.44.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited by a moderator:
It's Coronation Day for the King of Tonga. Living in Northern New England, I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like fun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Tonga#Public_Holidays

Dinner was mussels with chorizo and tomatoes, with broth sopped up in a baguette, salad on the side. Since I learned how to make baguettes, I always have mini baguettes in the freezer, which come in very handy for nights like tonight.

I fell asleep and woke up late with nothing defrosted for dinner. I suggested fettuccine alfredo to SO but she wasn't interested. I offered to cook pasta with any sauce she could find in the freezer. She dug around and found a meal of shredded beef ragu. So that's what we had.

I just woke up from an unexpected recliner nap. I'm not hungry, so I think I'll just have some vanilla yogurt and assorted berries left over from breakfast.

Sounds like you went from Grumpy Grandpa to Sleepy Grandpa today, Andy. I guess your grandson wore you out, bless your :heart:.

Himself grilled Italian sausages while I made a pan full of onions and peppers. I combined that with Italian bread, marinara, and mozz cheese to make Italian sausage sandwiches - open-faced, since they were pretty sloppy. The side was fresh corn-and-grape tomatoes seasoned with Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles.

Attachments

• 20180801_205827.jpg
    20180801_205827.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 103
We've been out for dinner last 3 nights and dinner club, but I'll start another thread on that. Anywho I don't want much so I picked up some 1000 island dressing earlier and I will make a good old fashioned shrimp cocktail.

Russ

We are having red snapper with grilled asparagus and rice.

Okay, nix that. We will be having the snapper tomorrow because I was missing two ingredients. Looks like I will be back at the grocery store for the 3rd day in a row!

TB had a pork tenderloin "steak" wrapped in bacon. I made extra last month when we had company and froze them raw. He had greek salad with it. I had a Caesar with chopped up salami and avocado and very light on the dressing.

Sounds like Andy, Cheryl and I were all day sleepers today!

Sheesh, mine was a 3hr afternoon nap that has me wide awake here at midnight.

I hate to sleep that long in the daytime. Souschef claimed he held a mirror under my nose to check if I was breathing.

We had a late dinner because after DH and company toured the Battleship Wisconsin, we stopped at a brewery/restaurant for a snack and a drink. Later we had burgers and corn on the cob on the grill. Corn on the cob is not usual in Germany - our student's husband had never had it before. I think he was a little wary but he loved it.

Last night was stove top grilled London Broil, Trader Joe's Pappardelle noodles and steamed broccoli.

london_broil_080118_IMG_4668.jpg

I used a new seasoning on the steak:
Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher's Rub:
Tellicherry black pepper, garlic, Kosher flake salt, sugar, red bell peppers, shallots, parsley.
Plus my house blend seasoning.

I cooked the noodles then tossed in a mixture of beef broth, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and sautéed baby bella mushrooms and onion.

Chicken and Dumplings for the guys. It was the first time I've made that and it turned out really good. Corn, peas, and carrots on the side.

I had 3 bean salad and dumplings.

Back
Top Bottom