August 1st - What's For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We delivered our weekend house guest to the airport this morning and will be having some leftovers for dinner tonight.

We'll clear the fridge of leftovers also. Have bits of several meals in there. Not enough of any one thing for a full meal but all together will feed us well.

Leftovers here, too. The roasted chicken was way to large for us to consume at one meal, so that part'll be a repeat. The sides are yet to be determined. Of course iced tea and, finally, the last two cupcakes of the ones I made last week. It's gonna be a slow, easy day and I plan to take advantage of it. The heat here is oppressive and makes you want to do absolutely NOTHING, which I seem to be perfecting recently.

I'll be making some vanilla ice cream to go with Bananas Foster using brandy. That should balance out the spicy chicken with salsa verde and roasted poblanos that I'll be having as a main course. Probably over rice.

Oh, and corn on the cob cooked on the grill.

I picked the first Zuchinni out of the garden so I'll be stuffing one and baking off for us. I would rather just sauté and enjoy but have City Council so will be a late night...

It all depends on weather my wife comes home from the lake today. She celebrated her birthday up there, so we still have a bit of a dinner celebration to do when she comes home. I usually make her one of her favourites which is fettucine with, chicken, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes in a creamy rose sauce.
If she doesn't make the drive today? All bets are off.:LOL:

Hub wants to go out for something later. Either lunch or dinner. So it will depend on what time that is. If lunch is early (or doesn't wind up dinner) than dinner will be boneless pork loin in some fashion with sides TBDL.

yum, pac. make enough for everyone.

you sent your wife away for her birthday?
i admire you more and more everyday...:cool:

i'm just getting out of work now, so if i can stay awake, i'm going to make pork parmagiana.

the pork i defrosted that i thought were boneless rib chops ended up being top sirloin "chops", or really mini steaks. to me, a chop has a bone, hence the name.

in any case, i hope to pound them out, bread, fry, then bake nestled in sauce and covered with parm and mozz.

Leftover Prime Rib and potatoes from last night ........I love holidays..burp!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 268
Leftover Prime Rib and potatoes from last night ........I love holidays..burp!!

One of my favorite uses for leftover steak.
Mine would be sitting on top of some garlic toast, letting those juices saturate the bread :chef:

We will be having breakfast for supper tonight.

I have plans to cook bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. I will try to remember to post a pic. :)

leftover beef pot roast, mashed potatoes and peas; and a 2008 Pillar Box Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon. This is my first taste of an Aussie Cabernet, and if it's anywhere near as bad as the Aussie Shiraz I've had, I'll be baking another chocolate-red wine cake this week!

Before my father left this morning, he ordered me to cook out of the freezer and the pantry. The freezer I can handle--the pantry, no, I can't. I don't use "packaged" scalloped potatoes, etc. I cook from scratch. I might be able to use the canned pineapple...so, I pulled the first thing my hand touched out of the freezer--mom and I are having pork chops. I figure that he uses the canned stuff/boxed stuff, when I'm here, they can eat meals prepared from scratch (whether he likes it or not...)...besides, dare I admit it, I don't really know how to use some of the stuff they have in their pantry...so, I think it's sweet-and-sour pork chops over rice, fresh green beans from the garden, and salad. No dessert. We don't do sweets, but I think I have to make a rhubarb pie later this week...

Back
Top Bottom