Be a winner and eat dinner. 1/7/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Home made Chinese-ish tonight. Duck confit egg rolls, chicken stir fry(oyster sauce, sesame oil, chili) and plain fried rice(basmati, very plain) for my daughter...

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I've got potatoes baking that will have taco meat, cheese and sour cream toppings when they are done. Trying to liven up the leftovers. Already made taco salads over the weekend and taco/burritos.

I'm going to make puttanesca over gnocchi and a pan fried pork steak.

Looks great, Rock, and love the dinner title!

I just finished the other half of my Hardee's Mushroom Swiss burger for a snack, so not real hungry yet. May do something with the leftover spaghetti sauce from last night.

Merry Christmas to all you Ukrainians out there. Hope you have a wonderful one. I'm making perohe and sausage for dinner tonight.

I put together a rather large pot of beef vegetable soup this afternoon, in time to set outside to cool down. Will be slurping on this for several days, as well as freezing some.

On the menu tonight is pad thai with shrimp. Last minute checking of ingredients caused me to discover I did not have the tamarind paste I thought I had so off to the Indian market. Turns out they now have a seedless variety! Makes life a bit easier.

Steve is in the process of making grated potato pancakes with caramelized onions! Good grief, I guess me raving about the wonderful dinner he made a couple of nights ago paid off..Doing a happy dance...

My contribution to dinner is a Frittata with bacon, mushrooms, asparagus pieces and three kinds of cheese.

It promises to be a great dinner.

Wow, everyone's meals look and sound very yummy today.

I made very low fat turkey nachos with fake cheese for our mid day meal (surprisingly tasty) and just got up from a nap so have no idea what dinner will be. I only know I have to think fast as it is dinner time!

I made very low fat turkey nachos with fake cheese for our mid day meal (surprisingly tasty) and just got up from a nap so have no idea what dinner will be. I only know I have to think fast as it is dinner time!

Taxy, that bisque sounds delish. I will have to try that one soon as it fits on my current diet.

I ended up making a veggie stir-fry with the turkey scallopini slices - I just cut them in strips and precooked them with as little oil as possible which is easy with my wok. Only trouble is I made it huge and we only ate less than half! I have lunch for the next few days. :)

Started Brunswick Stew yesterday by cooking and cutting up the chicken. I used just legs because 1) they have more flavor and 2) they were cheap. :LOL: Finished it off today, ate part of it, took part of it up to my SIL's and still have part for dinner later this week. In an odd twist of fate, we just finished going through our mail from when we were on vacation and a friend of mine sent a really pretty card...with a recipe for Williamsburg Brunswick Stew printed inside! Her note said I should let her know when I was trying it (little did she remember I've made it often) so they could come and sample. Hmm, she should just take a rain check and hope to eat it at our home in OH if we (fingers crossed) move back this year.

Attachments

• 2014-01-07 18.59.54.jpg
    2014-01-07 18.59.54.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 190
I diced up some leftover Italian pot roast and mixed it with some of the leftover sauce and penne that I served it with Monday. I also made again the green beans I made on Christmas, with cherries and bacon. Yum! :yum:

Taxy, that bisque sounds delish. I will have to try that one soon as it fits on my current diet.

... :)
I should add a note to that recipe. Hot peppers vary so much in heat that we have had fairly mild and fairly hot. This time I roasted extra peppers and only put a small piece in the pot to simmer with the other vegis. After pureeing, I tasted and decided it needed more pepper, so I add more of the roasted pepper. I'm doing it that way from now on.

Back
Top Bottom