Beef Wellington dinner w/ Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
;) The dessert looks fab. Can you share your recipe? TIA. :)

Here you go:

Ingredients:

cumrec1006.jpg
1/2 lbs chocolate melting discs (milk or dark)
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/4 lb cocoa powder (no sugar added)
10 oz. heavy whipping cream
4 oz. bailey's irish cream liquer
8 oz. mint chocolate sauce (i used the breyers jarred kind)
16 oz whipped cream (i cheat and use cool whip)
6 drops green food coloring

Crust:
16 stelladoro vanilla fingers or any vanilla cookie fingers
4 to 6 tbspn melted butter

Materials:
4 mini springform pans (i used 5" ones but anything in the 4-6" and should work or any nonstick mold you may already have)

Directions:

For the crust, crush the vanilla fingers in a ziplock bag until there are just small crumblike pieces. fill the bottom of each springoform pan generously with the crumbs and mix in enough melted butter to get a nice moist doughy texture. set aside in the fridge...

For the chocolate moose part, melt the discs in either a double broiler or the microwave until completely smooth. beat the egg yolks and sugar until pale. you may want to beat it in a boil over a pot with some steam to get out any graininess in the moose. Fold the chocolate into the yolk/sugar mixture. then in a food processor or mixer, mix the butter and cocoa powder, then add the yolk mixture and combine. set aside. In a seperate bowl whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and then gradually fold into the moose mixture. Next, mix in the bailey's and 4 oz. of the mint chocolate and pour into a mold leaving about 1/4" space for the icing.

for the icing, mix the cool whip and food coloring until you get a nice light green minty color. with a rubber spatchula scrape the icing on top of the moose in the springform pan all the way to the top and smooth with the spatchula. refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.

remove from the springform pans and decorate with some lines of the mint chocolate. serve with an ounce of heated mint chocolate in a chinese soup spoon or shot glass. for a thicker finish, more like a Pave double the amount of cocoa powder blended in with the moose mixture

img_523064_1_92059ecf5a6e7b499ffd256aeaf839f8.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom