Best Iron chef... evah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lugaru

Sous Chef
Ok... like Ive mentioned before I dont have cable so I resort to video to watch my iron chefs. Any way's today we finally got around to watching the 2000th dish special (together with the one with the japanese/mexican contender and a carp battle between chin kenichi and his lifelong rival and buddy).

So the 2000th dish special... omg! First of all, no assistants. Instead each team had 3 chefs doing the work. On the French side we had Sakai, Nakamura (first french, a true master that has only lost 1 battle) and Jo (a sauce and wine expert).

On the chinese side we have Chin, a REALLY skilled neo chinese master who I had not seen before and well.. that guy who I mentioned to be chins rival and buddy? Him too.

They where to prepare a series of dishes over the coure of an hour and a half using the chairmans 3 favorite ingredients: banana, soft shell turtle and pork.

Every thing was to be served on two GIANT clay plates that the chairman made himself (I supose, it might just be some "tv magic"). The intro, every thing was more pompous than usual, they even had trumpet players and stuff. It was awesome.

Im not going to offer any spoilers as to who won or what they made but DANG! It was the best decorated battle I have seen. Also: every one got rip roaring drunk and the dubbing people did a very good job to convey that (probably drunk too) so we where treated to great moments like a drunken reporter flirting with Sakai, Ota rambling about his dayjob and Kishi practically passed out (turns out she was 106 when they filmed that episode...). Even the chefs where rather red in the face with all that dom perrignon and constantly laughing and giving each other high fives.

If you guys can get your hands on it, please check it out!

Sounds hilarious, Lugaru. The wacky stuff is what I enjoy the most about the Japanese version - even the goofy ingredients. Will have to see if I can find this episode to watch.

lugaru, thanks for the tip. i love that show. i caught the very end, so i know who wins. it sounds too funny for real fans of the show to miss this one. thanks...

That was a great episode, but lets not forget that french chef challenger that did the FULL hour SOLO!!!

Back
Top Bottom