Best Tailgate Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
Does beer count as a food?

It most certainly does, in Norway with my relatives, wine and beer are a food group. As for the accompanyment (sp), ribs, burgers, baked beans, cheese rolls with crustini.

Beer, brats, chicken wings, shrimp on the grill, steak, chips and dip, and burgers.

norgeskog said:
GB said:
Does beer count as a food?

It most certainly does, in Norway with my relatives, wine and beer are a food group. As for the accompanyment (sp), ribs, burgers, baked beans, cheese rolls with crustini.

I am 1/4 Finn. If I get hurt and start bleeding to death they just give start a line of beer or vodka.

MJ said:
Beer, brats, chicken wings, shrimp on the grill, steak, chips and dip, and burgers.

I forgot about the wings and shrimp on the barbie, good idea MJ. BTW did you know in Norway beer and wine are food groups.

Hey just remember, beer is liquid bread. Or at least that is the uni student's view of it.

Grains.
Sugar.
Water.
Yeast.

What more do you need :P.

beer
grilled sausage and peppers
beer
boiguhs and dogs and hot smokies
beer
grilled/bbq'd turkey legs (especially when playing the eagles)
beer
grilled spiced shrimp on a skewer
beer
white zinfandel
beer
tequila
beer
grilled thai chicken thighs and legs

and did i mention beer?

Darkstream said:
What IS tailgate food?

Why is it called so?

seriously?
it's food you eat at a football game before the game.you literally can eat from your tailgate, providing you have one.

Haggis said:
Hey just remember, beer is liquid bread. Or at least that is the uni student's view of it.

Grains.
Sugar.
Water.
Yeast.

What more do you need :P.

You forgot the malt and bubbles Haggis, I call beer (and wine) just another food group.

Psiguyy said:
Best Tailgate Food, like all food is best when cooked by somebody else.

Perfect!!

I don't tailgate as a rule anymore. Probably because I catch all my football on TV these days.

My prefered activity these days is listening to the Lions or Wolverines (or in some cases, the Spartans) lose on the radio while brewing beer out in the garage.

John

ronjohn55 said:
Psiguyy said:
Best Tailgate Food, like all food is best when cooked by somebody else.

Perfect!!

I don't tailgate as a rule anymore. Probably because I catch all my football on TV these days.

My prefered activity these days is listening to the Lions or Wolverines (or in some cases, the Spartans) lose on the radio while brewing beer out in the garage.

John

Go Joey.

Back
Top Bottom