Best thing you will make/have made today? Wed 11-17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
Did you get up early and make a yummy breakfast? Have something delicious planned for dinner? Did you pack an extra-special or just plain tasty lunch today? What's the culinary highlight of your hump-day?

For breakfast I made parfaits with Greek yogurt, pomegranate seeds, rolled oats, walnut pieces, and honey. I work tonight, so dinner will be simple, and this was delicious, so I doubt I'll top it today. :)

For breakfast I had hash browns, sausages and two eggs over easy.

I am currently in the middle of making a batch of onion bagels.

I have some brown rice pudding in the works :) Aside from tasting good, it makes the house smell yummy and the kids love it. It will be the highlight of my day since hubby is sick... so no big dinner plans, just leftovers.

So far all I have had is a can of Coke Cherry Zero and a lot of medicine. I will have some of the hamburger vegetable soup I froze, for lunch. That will definitely be good. I'm having chicken thighs for supper, in BBQ sauce if I have any, along with fries. I might make tapioca pudding for dessert. Sounds like it's just going to get better as the day goes by!

:)Barbara

gonna make mushroom gratin for dinner. going in soon to make one of my wonderful grilled sandwiches . i use my George Foreman grill. French rolls with sub dressing and mayo peppers, roast beef and cheese. then grill til cheese melts. yummy

gonna make mushroom gratin for dinner. going in soon to make one of my wonderful grilled sandwiches . i use my George Foreman grill. French rolls with sub dressing and mayo peppers, roast beef and cheese. then grill til cheese melts. yummy

That sounds wonderful. I need to start using my Foreman for things other than meat, which I feel it usually burns the outside of anyway.

I'm making a pot of chicken soup. Like you, SnickerDoodle, I love the way it makes the house smell on a cool day.

I'll have a tester bowl for an afternoon snack and save the rest for another day.

Breakfast was a cup of coffe.

Our main contractor took us out for a nice lunch to discuss business.

Tonight I will cook hamburger steak, fries and gravy.

8 1/4 cups of chocolate ice cream from 4 whole eggs + 4 egg yolks, 3 cups 'whole' milk, 3 cups heavy dream, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup raw cocoa, 2 oz. bakers chocolate, 8 tsp flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tbs. vanilla extract.

That's a good one MB.

The best thing I made was a bedtime snack. I put edge slices of Gruyere, Swiss, Asiago and Mozzarella across a slice of 12 grain bread and toasted it in the toaster oven. Mmmmm good!

I'm so glad I made that cheese splurge. I'm really enjoying the different cheeses.

I picked up the smallest lamb chops I could find and broiled them. While they were resting, I made a Madeira reduction sauce. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom