Boxing Day Dinner - 12/26/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
I'll be trying a pork tenderloin on the griddler, roasted smashed red potatoes, green salad. I'm thinking I'll cut the tenderloin into thick steaks, marinate them, and griddle with the top down.

Jeannie and I will be sharing the meaty bones from our rib roast.. (my favorite)
Two each unless I can talk her out of one of hers.. :rolleyes:

Ross

Burmese Samusa soup, vegan all the way baby!

Attachments

• 2018-12-26 18.11.47.jpg
    2018-12-26 18.11.47.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 108
My DD made baked flounder over rice for her lunch

fish_rice_122618_IMG_5241.JPG

Our dinner was eye round roast, twice baked potato, baked sweet potato w/butter & cinnamon sugar, steamed baby spinach, pop over (mini Yorkshire pudding) and burgundy gravy.

roast_twice_baked_potatoes_122618_IMG_5242.jpg

Nice looking and sounding dinners all around.

We went to visit my mom and got takeout Chinese and Japanese. Mom had pork Chop Suey, my wife had a sashimi bento box, my boy had a salad and 4 sushi rolls, and I had shrimp and scallops in garlic sauce, and we all shared pork fried rice.

I snagged 1/2 roasted duck to bring home from the leftovers yesterday and I kept out some of the wild rice salad I made, so we enjoyed another great meal tonight.
Dang, I love that duck and wild rice salad!

I made baked rockfish with herbs from the garden and cooked blanched green beans with it, topped with sautéed seasoned sliced tomatoes. I also made rice pilaf with dried cherries and roasted pumpkin seeds.

Yummy looking and sounding dinners. :yum: I had leftovers from yesterday - sliced ham, scalloped potatoes, and the last of the green beans.

I trimmed all of the ham off the bone today and left some for sandwiches in the fridge, the rest got vacuum sealed for the freezer.

We did leftovers, too. Himself ate things I wouldn't touch (and he of the steel stomach will not suffer for it) and I had some buttered noodles with thin slices of the Jamaican jerk pork, the last of the butternut squash. We all had very fresh and wholesome tossed salads.

First time for the Rotisserie Chicken in Air Fryer..... requires some adjustments... didn't get the nice skin I expected.... clean-up was no fun either !

Anyhoo - Chicken under an Orange sauce, Carrots with lefty Lima's, Baked Russet with Sour Cream, Tomato-Olive Salad under Balsamic Vinaigrette...

Tonight ; "Oh, Boy ! ...Chicken again !!

Chicken, Orange Sauce, Tomato & Olive Salad - Balsamic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom