"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Where are those pix from Harry? Are you showing us pix of Wales with things that look like palm trees?

I live closer to the ocean than Roch does. For me it's about a 6 hour drive (if I don't stop along the way) to get far enough along the Saint Lawrence river to where the water is salty (about even with Rimouski).
that is llandudno,north wales and,yes,those are palm trees tax!!.same sort of hardy palms that you see a lot of down in cornwall etc.llandudno is in a very sheltered bay,protected by the great orme's head(a massive limestone/granite outcrop) at one end,the little orme at the other & the snowdonia range of mountains behind.perfect for palms!!.takes me about an hour & 20 mins to drive there from manchester.about 30 mins if i'm at the house in north wales.the fylde coast is only 30-40 mins drive from where i am,in manchester.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #32
Head Chef

Lovely pics of Duddy Harry , my friend lives there, I must be due a visit haven't been for yonks !!

Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Lovely pics of Duddy Harry , my friend lives there, I must be due a visit haven't been for yonks !!
liddypol is on the way from munchester if i stay on't 62,come in thru' knotty ash & then out t'other side thru' the tunnel,pick up the 55,then on to duddy.i'll pick you up on the way thru'.my petrol,my birthday,you're paying for the haddock,chips,mushies & the arcade games on't pier....deal or no deal?!!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #34
Head Chef

Blimey best offer I am likely to get for a good while ! I don't live far from the Jam Butty mines either :-)
Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Queen View Post
Blimey best offer I am likely to get for a good while ! I don't live far from the Jam Butty mines either :-)
really?in that case,we'll pick up a couple of diddy men,drive up to paddy's wigwam,stick a cucumber through the letterbox & shout"run for yer life vicar,the bleedin' martians have landed"....how tickled they'll be missus!!
jeez,i love doddy.funniest man on this planet.heard him being interviewed,recently,by frankie connor(i think it was)on bbc merseyside.i pissed!!

Tags
dinner