Boxing Day Dinner Dec 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, you eat more seafood than Moby Dick did, Harry :LOL:

Looks delicious!

Now we are adding GG and Jabbur to the list of sickies. :ohmy:

I hope you guys feel better soon.

Stirling and I are feeling a bit better. We had Habitant brand French Canadian pea soup for supper. That was delicious. We didn't manage to finish the can, so someone gets more later. :yum:

December 26th is also known as St. Stephen's Day. As today is my birthday, that's why I was named Steve.

But I'll have you know, I'm no saint. :)

No dinner here yet. I am sitting on a plane as we speak. Will probably grab a bite on the way home from the airport.

Now we are adding GG and Jabbur to the list of sickies. :ohmy:

I hope you guys feel better soon.

Stirling and I are feeling a bit better. We had Habitant brand French Canadian pea soup for supper. That was delicious. We didn't manage to finish the can, so someone gets more later. :yum:

You can add my name to that list. I thought that sleep would help me feel better. All day I have been feeling lousy. I kept falling asleep. I did manage to stay awake when Spike came by. He put together my embroidery stand. And he has made me wireless. When he has the energy, he is going to make me totally wireless. He will run the wires from my tower to my TV screen and I can sit on my bed and use my TV screen as my monitor. I don't know if I want to have a 42" monitor. :angel:

Nice job, Harry. Do you live near the coast? You eat lots of shellfish. I am land locked so it has to come a long way, which means I don't get it often as I would like...
.....and what about shellfish;):LOL:?!!i eat lots of seafood,shellfish & fish etc 'cos i love it & find it dead easy to cook,rock.
reality is that britain is a tiny island.doubt if anyone is more than 70 or 80 miles from a coast & i have got 8 tesco supermarkets,6 asda's,4 morrisons(they are always voted supermarket fishmonger of the year) & 2 costco's all within a 15 mile radius,which helps mate!!
it's blowing a gale today,so i plan to drive up to north wales,to llandudno(pronounced thlanduddknow)for the best fish & chips in the world imo & to "wave dodge" on the prom.that should blow the chrimbo cobwebs away....:rolleyes:!!it will only take me about an hour to drive there,mate:)!took these pics a couple of new years days ago.i always go there on my birthday for fish & chips.traditional outing for me:yum:!!

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 114
Where are those pix from Harry? Are you showing us pix of Wales with things that look like palm trees?

I live closer to the ocean than Roch does. For me it's about a 6 hour drive (if I don't stop along the way) to get far enough along the Saint Lawrence river to where the water is salty (about even with Rimouski).

Last edited:
Where are those pix from Harry? Are you showing us pix of Wales with things that look like palm trees?

I live closer to the ocean than Roch does. For me it's about a 6 hour drive (if I don't stop along the way) to get far enough along the Saint Lawrence river to where the water is salty (about even with Rimouski).
that is llandudno,north wales and,yes,those are palm trees tax!!.same sort of hardy palms that you see a lot of down in cornwall etc.llandudno is in a very sheltered bay,protected by the great orme's head(a massive limestone/granite outcrop) at one end,the little orme at the other & the snowdonia range of mountains behind.perfect for palms!!.takes me about an hour & 20 mins to drive there from manchester.about 30 mins if i'm at the house in north wales.the fylde coast is only 30-40 mins drive from where i am,in manchester.

Last edited:
Lovely pics of Duddy Harry , my friend lives there, I must be due a visit haven't been for yonks !!
liddypol is on the way from munchester if i stay on't 62,come in thru' knotty ash & then out t'other side thru' the tunnel,pick up the 55,then on to duddy.i'll pick you up on the way thru'.my petrol,my birthday,you're paying for the haddock,chips,mushies & the arcade games on't pier....deal or no deal:rolleyes::LOL:?!!

Blimey best offer I am likely to get for a good while ! I don't live far from the Jam Butty mines either :)
really?in that case,we'll pick up a couple of diddy men,drive up to paddy's wigwam,stick a cucumber through the letterbox & shout"run for yer life vicar,the bleedin' martians have landed"....how tickled they'll be missus:ermm::ohmy::wacko::LOL:!!
jeez,i love doddy.funniest man on this planet.heard him being interviewed,recently,by frankie connor(i think it was)on bbc merseyside.i pissed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom