Brats, griddle, garlic roaster, food!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I was planning on brats tonight and decided to start breaking in the new griddle. Basically I got it for breakfast, but this will work. It will only get better with use, so I might as well use it every chance I get. And it performed very well tonight. No sticking.
So, the brats were put on the grill. You'll have to take my word on this.
Then the onions, peppers and potatoes on the griddle. I think I'm going to like this CI griddle :) I had a big pot lid I used to steam the peppers and onions with a little.
Roasted garlic that I later mixed mustard and mayo with for a spread. Finger lickin' good. Take my word on that ;)
And the completed sandwiches. I split the brats, the other halves are buried under the fixin's :LOL:

Attachments

• griddle taters & peppers.jpg
    griddle taters & peppers.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 353
  • roasted garlic.jpg
    roasted garlic.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Italian brats.jpg
    Italian brats.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 285
Thanks. The griddle could be just a wee bit wider, but I like it.
The house smells like garlic and Johnsonvilles :)
A nice change from dog :LOL:

The house smells like garlic and Johnsonvilles :)
A nice change from dog :LOL:
I can relate to the dog thing. Especially when they go and roll in somethig and want to rub up against you. Mine sulks when she gets a bath, cuz she likes to smell like road kill.:LOL:

Great looking griddle. I saw one in a thrift store but I'm out of room for more kitchen toyz. Mama told me it's time to rearrange the kitchen if I'm going to keep bringing home other people's cast-offs. :(

JoeV

It's a well made griddle, from Lodge. Way better than the non-stick aluminum one I used to have. This one doesn't move or slide around. And it will fit well enough if I set it across the front two burners, also.
I'm sure you could find room for one in one of those long skinny cabinets I'm sure you have :^)

It's a well made griddle, from Lodge. Way better than the non-stick aluminum one I used to have. This one doesn't move or slide around. And it will fit well enough if I set it across the front two burners, also.

I've got the exact same one. I got mine a couple years ago and love it. The problem now is my new cooktop says not to use cookware covering two burners, in other words my griddle or a large roaster. I'm not sure if I should try it. It doesn't say what would happen.

BTW the food looks great!!!

Barb

I don't know Jeeks. I seem to have reached the "plateau" at 188, but I'm not saying I won't continue to climb :LOL:

Thanks Barb. Maybe you could find a couple old burner grates to set on your stove. That will give you the air space they probably want when using a large cooking surface.

Back
Top Bottom