"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
If I am pushed for time, what I do is fix it the night before and heat it up in the microwave. I have baked biscuits, fried potatoes and onions, so the next morning
I have biscuits and gravy, chorizo and eggs with the potatoes and onions. and then a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. thats it.

bigjimbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Ma, ma, ma, my mama said that barbequed gator is ma, ma, mighty tasty in the morning, Waterboy. Wash it down with some fine H2O.

It doesn't take long to fry an egg and put it on a piece of toast either
I just fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!! Genius!!!

Waterboy, brekkie is the most important meal of the day! My first suggestion would be oatmeal with anything you like in it. Even a tablespoon of peanut butter in it is so yummy! Or KE's suggestion of whole grain toast with pb.

If you can't handle eating something heavy, try a berry smoothie. Frozen berries, some water and a banana buzzed up in the blender.

Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
I usually have about 15mins. to cook and eat. 20-25 if I'm lucky.
Define "lucky".
Do you mean get up earlier?
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
Executive Chef
Redkitty's idea is good - you can get instant porridge that takes 3 mins in the microwave. I usually have a bowl of meusli or a few slices of toast - doesn't take long.
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Yogurt and a piece of fruit would be good.
Or toast and some fruit.

If you want bacon or sausage cook it the night
before and give it a quick zap in the microwave to
warm it up in the morning and have that with eggs.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 AM   #16
Executive Chef
Bacon can be done fresh in the morning. Put a rasher between a couple of pieces of paper kitchen towels and stick it in the microwave on high for a minute. If you like it crispy, cook it for a few seconds longer. If you want bacon pieces, cut them up before you cook it and make sure you spread it over the paper otherwise they stick and cook together.
Too many restaurants, not enough time...
Bilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
Sous Chef
I NEED coffee to function in the morning but usually dont eat breakfast until 9:30 or so after I get settled in at work. When I am organized I generally have a yoghurt, a granola or cereal bar and a piece of fruit that I eat over the course of the morning. This plan goes to **** if I am hungover though then I go straight to the bacon egg and ceese on a roll

to answer the OP... in a toaster some ham and cheese on a buttered english muffin or bagel is quick and tasty and does not require cleanup.

All you probably need for your breakfast burritos to be tasty is some hot sauce.

Whataburger (Texas anyone) makes this wonderful thing called a 'Taquito" which involves a flour tortilla with combination options involving hash brown/sausage/bacon/egg/cheese topped with salsa.... it is my favorite fast food breakfast item. I recreate the idea at home when I have the time.

my brother can make perfect scrambeled eggs in the microwave...I have never tried it myself though.
PanchoHambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #18
Head Chef
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I usually have a peanut butter and jelly or turkey and provolone sandwich for breakfast. Who says you have to eat "traditional" breakfast food?
I couldn't agree with you more. Your stomach doesn't care whether you're eating soup or cereal, as long as you don't skip breakfast. That's bad. Your first meal is important and it should contain protein. I love leftover soup or a chicken sandwich for breakfast.

You can hard boil a couple of eggs the night before, then just peel and eat with a slice of toast and a banana and milk or juice for breakfast. Good nutrients, lots of protein and very quick.

Spread peanut butter on a toasted frozen waffle with a glass of milk and an orange or apple. Excellent and fast.

One of my favorites is to lay a couple of slices of cheese with or without a slice of deli ham or turkey) on a piece of toast, then into the microzapper til the cheese melts. A dish of strawberries and blueberries and you have a super breakfast in minutes. (Get the berries cleaned the night before then just slice them.)

If you'r going to eat cereal, don't use a sugary cereal or you'll find your sugar level dropping fast and you'll become hungry and uncomfortable before the morning is over.

BIGJIMBRAY: The chorizo, eggs, fried onions, fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy contain a tremendous amount of calories, fat and cholesterol. NOT GOOD!

If you are a large man, then just double the above suggestions.
Visit my blogsite: Chew On This
DramaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #19
Assistant Cook
Thanks all! I always am hungry for leftovers in the morning! Usually don't have good one though, but when I do, mmm. My fav is balls of mashed potatoes rolled in flour then fried with some EVOO and pepper. brilliant. lately I've been having alot of "Instant Breakfast" in the morning. It tastes great, and have loads of vitamins and minerals but I don't think thats good for me either. Yea I definitely want to start trying those fruit drinks in addition to that peanut butter in oatmeal. sounds crazy...

Waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote