Breakfast HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waterboy

Assistant Cook
I'm not sure if this is the right section or not, but every morning I always wake up not hungry and usually don't eat unless there is some thing thats really tasty (most of the time that means fast food or frozen pastries because I am so rushed). My parents don't even let me get them anymore because it's so unhealthy, but they still want me to eat breakfast. Are there any quick meals I can make in the morning or the night before. I've tried breakfast burritos but mine are always bland.

breakfast the most important meal of the day

scrambled eggs with add ins are quick and tasty. get the add ins done the night before, chopped onions, cheese, salsa, mushrooms cook add ins a bit first and then scramble the eggs and add cheese. toast and u have it.

there are many healthy foods available in store. ie bran muffins, frozen waffles made with whole wheat. cereal is always a fall back. get what u like u will not eat the ones made of twigs and sticks, oatmeal, butter and brown sugar are good.

don't know how much actual time u have in am. that would make a difference in what i would suggest.

this morning , i had bacon. german crepes(lemon juice and pwd sugar) store bought crepes, that heat in micro and a big glass of milk.

babe:chef::chef:

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not, but every morning I always wake up not hungry and usually don't eat unless there is some thing thats really tasty (most of the time that means fast food or frozen pastries because I am so rushed)......

Ma, ma, ma, my mama said that barbequed gator is ma, ma, mighty tasty in the morning, Waterboy. Wash it down with some fine H2O.
:LOL:

It doesn't take long to fry an egg and put it on a piece of toast either ;)

I usually have a peanut butter and jelly or turkey and provolone sandwich for breakfast. Who says you have to eat "traditional" breakfast food? :chef:

I will definitely have to try that garlic. BBQ gator is always bountiful lol. But yea babetoo. I think the addins the night before should do the trick (sounds like a good combo too) eggs dont take long to cook at all. I usually have about 15mins. to cook and eat. 20-25 if I'm lucky.

I am with you, Waterboy. I cannot eat first thing in the morning, but I feel better if I start the day with some energy. I drink bottled yogurt/fruit drinks (not sure if you can buy them where you are), but you can always throw some yogurt, fruit and milk in a blender and make your own. Not bad.

:) A toasted bagel with cream cheese or a toasted sandwhich with peanut butter and your favorite jam. Eat it right away or later with a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate when you feel like it, it's still good. A yogurt to go along is good as well.

I usually have a peanut butter and jelly or turkey and provolone sandwich for breakfast. Who says you have to eat "traditional" breakfast food? :chef:
I don't always eat a traditional breakfast either, not always hungry first thing in the morning.

Well, I don't eat breakfast most of the time; but, if I was in a hurry I might make some toast (love 12-grain bread) and spread with 2 TBS of peanut butter. It's extremely healthy and will fill you up!

What makes you feel satisfied for breakfast? Protein? Carbohydrates? Personally I need protein for breakfast. Some days I don't feel ready for breakfast - my body is awake but my stomach isn't! So on those days, I grab a piece of fruit and a slice of cheese and eat the two together. Zero preparation and I can walk around or do chores or even be leaving the house while I nibble on the two.

I seldom eat cereals as I don't like them and they don't sustain me. I would rather eat a big meal for brekky, skip lunch and then eat "lunch" at dinner time. Leftovers are also good for brekfast and then don't need to worry about lunch.

If I am pushed for time, what I do is fix it the night before and heat it up in the microwave. I have baked biscuits, fried potatoes and onions, so the next morning
I have biscuits and gravy, chorizo and eggs with the potatoes and onions. and then a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. thats it.

Ma, ma, ma, my mama said that barbequed gator is ma, ma, mighty tasty in the morning, Waterboy. Wash it down with some fine H2O.
:LOL:

It doesn't take long to fry an egg and put it on a piece of toast either ;)

I just fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!! Genius!!! :ROFLMAO:

Waterboy, brekkie is the most important meal of the day! My first suggestion would be oatmeal with anything you like in it. Even a tablespoon of peanut butter in it is so yummy! Or KE's suggestion of whole grain toast with pb.

If you can't handle eating something heavy, try a berry smoothie. Frozen berries, some water and a banana buzzed up in the blender. :)

Redkitty's idea is good - you can get instant porridge that takes 3 mins in the microwave. I usually have a bowl of meusli or a few slices of toast - doesn't take long.

Yogurt and a piece of fruit would be good.
Or toast and some fruit.
Oatmeal.

If you want bacon or sausage cook it the night
before and give it a quick zap in the microwave to
warm it up in the morning and have that with eggs.

Bacon can be done fresh in the morning. Put a rasher between a couple of pieces of paper kitchen towels and stick it in the microwave on high for a minute. If you like it crispy, cook it for a few seconds longer. If you want bacon pieces, cut them up before you cook it and make sure you spread it over the paper otherwise they stick and cook together.

I NEED coffee to function in the morning but usually dont eat breakfast until 9:30 or so after I get settled in at work. When I am organized I generally have a yoghurt, a granola or cereal bar and a piece of fruit that I eat over the course of the morning. This plan goes to **** if I am hungover though then I go straight to the bacon egg and ceese on a roll:pig:

to answer the OP... in a toaster some ham and cheese on a buttered english muffin or bagel is quick and tasty and does not require cleanup.

All you probably need for your breakfast burritos to be tasty is some hot sauce.

Whataburger (Texas anyone) makes this wonderful thing called a 'Taquito" which involves a flour tortilla with combination options involving hash brown/sausage/bacon/egg/cheese topped with salsa.... it is my favorite fast food breakfast item. I recreate the idea at home when I have the time.

my brother can make perfect scrambeled eggs in the microwave...I have never tried it myself though.

I couldn't agree with you more. Your stomach doesn't care whether you're eating soup or cereal, as long as you don't skip breakfast. That's bad. Your first meal is important and it should contain protein. I love leftover soup or a chicken sandwich for breakfast.

You can hard boil a couple of eggs the night before, then just peel and eat with a slice of toast and a banana and milk or juice for breakfast. Good nutrients, lots of protein and very quick.

Spread peanut butter on a toasted frozen waffle with a glass of milk and an orange or apple. Excellent and fast.

One of my favorites is to lay a couple of slices of cheese with or without a slice of deli ham or turkey) on a piece of toast, then into the microzapper til the cheese melts. A dish of strawberries and blueberries and you have a super breakfast in minutes. (Get the berries cleaned the night before then just slice them.)

If you'r going to eat cereal, don't use a sugary cereal or you'll find your sugar level dropping fast and you'll become hungry and uncomfortable before the morning is over.

BIGJIMBRAY: The chorizo, eggs, fried onions, fried potatoes and biscuits and gravy contain a tremendous amount of calories, fat and cholesterol. NOT GOOD!

If you are a large man, then just double the above suggestions.

Last edited:
Thanks all! I always am hungry for leftovers in the morning! Usually don't have good one though, but when I do, mmm. My fav is balls of mashed potatoes rolled in flour then fried with some EVOO and pepper. brilliant. lately I've been having alot of "Instant Breakfast" in the morning. It tastes great, and have loads of vitamins and minerals but I don't think thats good for me either. Yea I definitely want to start trying those fruit drinks in addition to that peanut butter in oatmeal. sounds crazy...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom