"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 01-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
Assistant Cook
Send a message via AIM to chefgirlardee Send a message via Yahoo to chefgirlardee
Thanks, Jenny. It's traditional with a twist!

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade
chefgirlardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #12
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to Corinne
I often make up a batch of breakfast sandwiches & wrap them individually in foil. Put them in the fridge & just heat one in the oven while I'm getting ready for work.

Breakfast Sandwiches
1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuits
8 sausage patties
8 eggs
8 slices American cheese

Flatten out Grands to the size of the sausage patties. Bake as directed on package.

Cook sausage patties.

Fry eggs in egg ring. Break yolk; add salt & pepper. If you don't have egg rings, a can with both ends removed will work, so I hear.

When everything is done cooking, slice biscuits in half. Assemble as follows:

Bottom half of biscuit
Fried Egg
Top half of biscuit

I'm all about the food!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Here's another one. This was one of my Pillsbury Bake-Off recipes that didn't qualify. You can use this basic recipe & really change things to your liking.

Buenos Dias Biscuits

2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 Cup onions, finely chopped
4 ounces mushrooms (finely chopped)
4 ounces chorizo, ground (Mexican sausage)
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
4 Large eggs, beaten
1 16.3 oz can Pillsbury Flaky Layers biscuits
3/4 Cup sour cream
3/4 Teaspoon dried dill weed
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded

Instructions: Preheat oven to 350º F.

Melt butter in large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add Chorizo and chilies. Stir until blended and heat through. Add beaten egg to pan and stir to blend ingredients. Cook and stir until eggs are just set, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.

Separate biscuit dough into 8 pieces. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers, making 16 dough rounds. Using fingers, press each dough round onto the bottom and up the sides of a non-stick muffin pan. (2 3/4 X 1 1/4 inch muffin cups)

Evenly divide filling mixture into each dough cup, approx. 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture in each cup. Press mixture into cup with the back of a spoon.

Whisk sour cream and dill weed. Divide sour cream mixture evenly over each cup; approx. 2 teaspoons per cup.

Sprinkle each cup with shredded Parmesan cheese - approx. 1 teaspoon of cheese per cup. Garnish by sprinkling dill weed on top of cheese, as desired.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from muffin pan and serve.

Refrigerate leftovers. May be reheated in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds per biscuit.
I'm all about the food!
Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:15 PM   #14
Head Chef
There's no law saying what constitutes a "breakfast" food. Leftovers work quite well!! Soup, sammiches, well, anything you'd eat at any other meal is just as tasty in the morning hours.

I'd rather have my eggs / pancakes for supper. =P

Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
Master Chef
assorted melon cubes and strawberries or other fruit. prepare the night before, toss it into a container. have some vanilla yogurt to dip it in. try having an unsalted hard pretzel with it. get juice in little containers.
tasty & quick. i get mine already prepared on the way in to school. it's convenient and the place i get it at is right near school.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote