Breakfast This Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I picked a grapefruit off our tree and ate that before coming to the kitchen, and I have just now rewarmed some leftover asparagus and had that with two poached eggs on top. Two cups of decafe also.:)

boufa06 said:
Alix, Carnation coffee-mate by Nestle is a non-dairy powdered creamer. The powdered form is packaged in a box or sachets and has been around in Asia for a very long time. You should be able to get it in the U.S. or for that matter in your area. I have yet to see the liquid version.

boufa, did you really think I didn't know what it was? I know it well.:rolleyes:
Just haven't seen the particular flavour of Creme Brulee here in Canada yet.

Alix said:
boufa, did you really think I didn't know what it was? I know it well.:rolleyes:
Just haven't seen the particular flavour of Creme Brulee here in Canada yet.
I didn't realise that you were looking more for the new flavour rather than just the powder form.

Ishbel said:
7.00 am = Porridge, made with proper oats, not rolled oats, a little milk and sprinkled with salt. Earl Grey tea.
Keeps me going until lunch-time.

Ah, steel cut (pinhead) oats! I love it. Rolled oats turn into a gluey mass.

Alford Mill.

They do fine, medium, pinhead and coarse. This from back of the round drum in my cupboard
"In 1894, Angus MacDonald bought the mill near Alford.Today, still using the old flat kiln, and the water-powered mill-stones, great-grandson Donald produces fine, medium rough and pinhead, all with the traditional "nutty" taste."

Last edited:
you are all making me so hungry, especially thump, lynan, ishbel, and fraidy.

i need to go have a proper full irish breakfast soon. it's been too long. maybe i'll take a ride up to the mclean ave in the bronx one morning after my shift and pig out.

eggs over easy, black and white puddings, irish bacon, boiled buttered potatoes, brown bread, baked tomato, and either steel cut oat porridge, or yoghurt with fruit and flax seed.

Back
Top Bottom