Brownies Comparison

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I would like to post two brownie recipes and have some critiques from you folks. There is one that I make regularly and one that we have recently tried. I'd like some opinions because I plan to jar them and use them for gifts this year. So, would anyone be willing to test both recipes and give me feedback?

I'm with grumble. I'm always looking for an excus...erm, reason to make and eat...errr, I mean test for quality...brownies.

I'm with grumblebee and poppinfresh - as soon as my family gets over this awful stomach flu for the second time in a month (i want to kill my neighbor!-this is all her fault:mad: ) - i would love to try both recipes!

OK, thanks guys. I am going to post them in the brownie section and then post links for them here. I currently have a cat in my lap so I don't want to disturb him but I will post both later today.

Here is one.

Last edited:
OK, I'd like to resurrect this thread. Anyone willing to make a couple batches of brownies and tell me which they liked better?

OK, weird thought...what do you think adding blueberries or cranberries to either of these would be like? I'm not talking craisins either, but the real deal.

Oooh, Alix. I like the idea of adding dried cranberries to the brownies. Not sure about blueberries and chocolate. I have a recipe that calls for maraschino cherries as part of the brownie ingredients, so why not add the cranberries? Could be yummy.

OK, weird thought...what do you think adding blueberries or cranberries to either of these would be like? I'm not talking craisins either, but the real deal.

Blueberries are awesome in brownies! I came up with a recipe for "Blueberry Cream Cheese Filled Chocolate Brownies" that are so absolutely amazing. I'll type up the recipe and post it here for ya... :)

You won't know whether you like them until you have tried them!

Be sure to toss them in flour before stirring them in, tho, so they won't sink to the bottom during baking.

Thats why I love this place. OK, I'm going to try the brownies with maybe the blueberries. Hey ChefJune, does it have to be JUST flour? I was thinking cocoa and flour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom