Burns' Night Supper - Are you/how will you enjoy it? 1/25/2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tacos tonight. :yum: Leftover rare tri tip from yesterday, chopped lettuce, and a small amount of salsa wrapped up in fried corn tortillas. One of the best tacos I've ever had - very simple but oh, so good.:)

Some year we will have a traditional Robbie Burns dinner in honor of my Scottish roots, but not to be, this year. Tonight we had ChiliMac. ;)

I thought this thread was a specific Burns Night question , not a general today's menu one so I haven't added to it , I don't celebrate Burns Night .

Sorry if I have confused some of you with this thread .My mistake, and I'll try to get things in the right place next time but hey! No harm done.
Did have a good night though and got to bed about 2.30 this morning so that has to count for something Eh?

We had a German pork stew. The ingredients included caraway seeds, red and white cabbage, apples and pork cubes cut from the shoulder. There was a garnish of grainy mustard (I used creole), parsley and chicken stock. The recipe had it served over egg noodles, but next time it will be spaetzle. Of course, sour cream was another garnish.

I thought this thread was a specific Burns Night question , not a general today's menu one so I haven't added to it , I don't celebrate Burns Night .

I took it as she got a 2fer1. Her menu for the evening with friends and the reason for it. 'This is what I am having for the evening meal and at the same time celebrating a special event.' :angel:

Back
Top Bottom