Busy Saturday's Dinner 1-9-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Smoked a nice sized Brisket the night before last. The last of it is going into the crock pot for Smoked Brisket Chili. I over did it originally on the Cayenne, so it's save my booty time. "Yeah that's the ticket!":LOL:

What's on your menu this fine day?

Leftovers. Chicken Marsala over pasta for me. SO went out to lunch with some friends and she'll have her leftovers with a salad.

A blackened steak salad, recipe courtesy of the late, great Paul Prudhomme, RIP.

Not sure. I browned up some burger and chopped onion, so it could be taco meat, or sloppy joes, or tater tot casserole or something else.

Edit: Tater tot casserole it is! Saved some meat back for something else later.

Last edited:
Been raining all day, along with the temp gradually dropping. Winter weather advisory was just issued for our region. Rumor has it we're supposed to get a few inches of the white stuff. Let 'er rip! We're nice and comfy inside.

In view of the weather and the fact that there's a nice quantity of baked ham needin' to be used up and some russets that are lookin' a bit weak, we're going to have scalloped potatoes with ham, herbs and cheese. Our market had a super, super special on "spring mix" greens, so we'll have a side salad and some slices of homemade baguette. We'll be plenty full, comforted and, no doubt, have leftovers. Just the way we like it.

And, by the way, we have plenty of milk (4 gallons), bread (just baked 4 loaves) and toilet paper (a case of 96 rolls was recently delivered). I'm glad that's taken care of. Guess we'll have to make lots and lots of French toast. Not sure where the toilet paper comes in, though.

I had slow roast duck - a recipe. It released much more juice than when roasted at a higher temperature. I was careful to prick only the skin (with a fork, lightly) i.e. not the flesh.

It was good though, i.e. tender flesh, crispy skin. I had it with baked potato, giblet/reduced gravy and string beans lightly cooked.

I will be teaming up with my daughter tonight and making shrimp and crab étouffée. I am starting a business and have put in a lot of hours this week and know it's time to relax. Cooking is a way for me to wind down and it's a bonus to spend quality time with grown baby girl?

Best wishes on your new business Shuga, and yes, cooking with daughter night is lots of fun!
------------------------
I had a meatloaf sandwich for dinner, with a couple of dill pickle spears and a sliced Pink Lady apple on the side. Delish. :yum:

We were out shopping for a new recliner love seat today..so confusing, so we went for a nice late lunch at the Olive Garden. We need a head exam for doing either on a Sat. We'll raid the fridge later.

We were out shopping for a new recliner love seat today..so confusing, so we went for a nice late lunch at the Olive Garden. We need a head exam for doing either on a Sat. We'll raid the fridge later.

Ha ha! Yes, Kay - you're both retired - take advantage of that! :)

My mini cheese balls were pretty popular tonight. I also made chocolate bark as a hostess gift.

Attachments

• 1452397283596.jpg
    1452397283596.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1452397298528.jpg
    1452397298528.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 156
Very pretty, GG.

Caslon...I had forgotten all about that Shake n Bake commercial until now! :LOL:

Nice plate of cheeseballs, GG.

It's a bit more seasonal weather today - 37 degrees and damp at dinner-making time. Just right for soup! I made a pot of Chickpea and Romaine Soup with Golden Vermicelli, something that is becoming a favorite of ours when we want to warm up. With paprika, cayenne, and turmeric, it's impossible to stay cold to the bone. BTW, the soup isn't greasy and the photo wasn't blurry. What is causing the fuzzy image is the hot steam coming up from the soup. I told you it was hot!

Attachments

• 2016-01-09 21.00.05.jpg
    2016-01-09 21.00.05.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom