Can You Believe It's Already January 10, 2015? What's to Eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got home from a grocery run to find out Jerry's last living elder relative had died. Now our generation is the OLD generation in our respective families. :neutral: We cleaned out all leftovers in case we'll be making a quick trip to Pittsburgh.

...I'm going to order a pizza to pick up during half-time of the first game ( New England vs Baltimore). I bet there will be several DCer's watching this game...
Our big game isn't until Monday night. Go Buckeyes!

made burgers for the kids for lunch {had to feed 7 teenagers today...My oldest had friends over today so my youngest is having a mini sleep over with 3 of his friends, so between my two boys, my oldests girlfriend, and the 3 extras I have tonight, 2-16" thick crusts will be gone in 20 minutes...
Feeding teenagers? :ermm: Don't you know they'll keep coming around just like birds and squirrels? Before you know it, you and your wife will be living in a 3rd floor, cold-water walk-up and driving a Yugo.

Cooking4too, That bread looks great. My taste buds are tempting me with thoughts of it fresh out of the oven a dish of butter handy Recipe ?
thanks

Cooking4too, That bread looks great. My taste buds are tempting me with thoughts of it fresh out of the oven a dish of butter handy Recipe ?
thanks

There is nothing better.. Once and a while, I will have a cabinet full of bread that I made the day before, but I will do a small 3 cup mix with a bit extra salt, then I will use coarse cornmeal on the bottom, and sprinkle lg sea salt on the top when I egg wash it... So the bread is a bit salty and almost pretzel like but far from a pretzel of course... Hard to explain..

Anyway Ill make that bread and rush it and cook it hot so its heavy, soft, and dense, then I will mix some butter, with brown sugar, and honey and spread it on the warm bread.. AMAZING!!!!! You can also add nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, or some people use a good maple syrup, but I just like brows sugar and honey, simple..

The salty bread with sweet butter give you something special, try it sometime, you will be addicted...

Here is my salty bread recipe..
take 1 cup plus a tbl spoon of HOT tap water {say 115} add 2 tsp of instant yeast {I like gold}, and let that sit for a minute or 2.

In another bowl mix 3 cups flour 1 tbl salt, 2 tsp garlic powder, and 2 tsp sugar.

Combine and knead to a sticky dough, ball and let sit for 20 minutes...

preheat oven to 400, coat pan with cornmeal, roll your loaf, mix an egg and tbl of water, brush loaf, and sprinkle with big salt {about a TBL, do you like would a pretzel, not too much just enough}.

Bake until the bottom sounds hollow when you knock on it...

Now of course like any bread, you do what ever you like with this, take away some water and replace it with milk, add an egg and 2 tbl of flour, use a conditioner, ect... {if I am rushing a bread or plan on under cooking it, I will definitely use a conditioner}...

Today I am making some pasta dough and some pastas to stock up the pantry and freezer, with the holidays I have been neglecting the cabinets...

So for dinner tonight I am thinking swedish meatballs with extra sauce for the pasta and a nice thick Pappardelle pasta, for my wife I will make pappardelle and maybe a savory pumpkin pasta sauce {she doesn't eat meat}. I also was given some beautiful mini bella mushrooms, so I'll stuff them with some butter cracker stuffing, and maybe shred some sharp cheddar for the op of them...

Last edited:
Baked Black Bream with Tomato and Oregano, made to taste even better by the fact that I caught it myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom