Canned Bacon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I might be tempted to try it if I didn't want to put up with frying the stuff. I've bought pre-cooked before when I needed it for a recipe and I didn't want to mess up my stove with bacon grease. I'm still unsure though about the cheeseburger in a can :LOL:

KE, it is not precooked. Make sure to click on the links on the left to see it in action.

well, I would certainly try it, I am sure I could find an appropriate use for it. I add fresh raw bacon to my home canned pork&beans/baked beans...bring it on...

I've never seen that before. I have tried the precooked and decided I could do that. Now Icook a pound or two at a time and freeze it.

LOL!
I see we have a cornucopia of cans!
throw in some nice caned roast beef......

The bacon bits - either fake or real - in a jar are ickey. I have been buying the bacon in a plastic pouch and it is very good. Uncooked in a can - no thank you.

I suppose that if you do not like the food you can "Get off your cans" and cook it yourself.;)

AC

Last edited:
Actually, if you try to think about it objectively, whether it's rolled up in a can or vacuum packed in a plastic bag or frozen. It's all the same bacon. The difference is the method of preservation.

I believe the real bacon bits in the plastic pouch and the little jar are the same except for the quantity.

Actually - canned bacon isn't that bad as I remember it. Of course, that was about 1965 - I was in a Boy Scout Explorer Post, and we were on a week long wilderness camping trip. Although they were eaten without too many complaints (after a couple of days) - powdered eggs were still, powdered eggs.

Back
Top Bottom