Cheese and crackers for dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
The DW and I made this about a month back. Accompanied by two real nice bottles of red and a movie. We try to do something simillar once a month using different cheeses and ingredients.

img_749970_0_46bcf6f90f2f0292e4af22114699a386.jpg

We do something like that regularly too. I usually add some smoked oysters though. The kids gag but Ken and I love them.

oh, the thread title caused a flash back for me

mom used to serve warmed ritz crackers with melted velvetta cheese for dinner:wacko:

thank goodness that was not what you meant!

We do that often on a Sunday as a lunch / afternoon grazing type of thing. Then dinner is a nice soup or something simple. I love the idea instead of a traditional meal. A great change of pace.

The DW and I made this about a month back. Accompanied by two real nice bottles of red and a movie. We try to do something simillar once a month using different cheeses and ingredients.

Changing the movie would be a nice change up, too.
:LOL:

A hunk of pepperoni, a hunk of cheese and a handful of crackers is my go to lunch ;) If it's for dinner, I'll take the time to slice everything up and munch on it through whatever I'm watching. Good eats. I like the olives to round it out.

That's what my mom would call a "cold plate", & we had it for dinner frequently during the heat of summer since we grew up sans air conditioning.

Needless to say, our meal wasn't as fancy. Consisted of the olives, roasted peppers, pepperoncini, marinated hot cherry peppers, sliced fresh tomatoes from the garden, Italian marinated salads, rolled cold cuts (Cappicole ham, provolone, swiss, baked VA ham, roast beef, turkey breast, etc., etc., but not prosciutto or parma ham), crackers, & tossed mixed lettuces fresh from the garden if we wanted to make a salad out of things.

We do something like that regularly too. I usually add some smoked oysters though. The kids gag but Ken and I love them.

This is one of my favorite dinners. Nothing beats a good assortment of cheeses, salami, smoked salmon, crackers, warm French baguette slices, a bottle of Port and a goog movie from Netflix. My daughter and I love smoked oysters mixed with cream cheese on crackers or French bread. My grandkids, son and DIL gag too. More for us.

JEEKINS HAS THE RIGHT IDEA.

Jeekins, I am beginning to wonder if you are really from Wisconsin or something. Cheese sauce threads, cheese burgers and now your own cheese thread. Hmmmm

I would love to do this except DH is lactose intolerant and can't even have soy cheese because it contains casein. But I did have cheese and crackers (litterally four wheat thins with some cheddar sliced on top with my soup last night!

Please pass the Pepperoncinis!!! That looks great and I could totally make a meal out of that!

Wow Jeeks!
Thats better than saltines and cheeze wiz!!
And boy is it right up my alley. Guess I'll have to hit the Italian deli tommorow:whistling

Back
Top Bottom