Christmas Day meals - what's cookin' on Dec 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well there is a meat platter that goes with my stoneware, but I see DH uses an old Corelle plate for the roast beast! Lol! I guess it didn't make it taste any different ;-)

Oh. OK, now I see it, Somebunny. Hmm. :LOL: The food still looks great! As does the plating!

Last edited:
I didn't do any cooking. My m-i-l made roasted a turkey and served it with all the trimmings. Homemade apple pie for dessert. It was a lovely meal.

Shrek and I didn't set anything up on serving dishes. Food was just as good as if we had. I'm always more interested in how the food was, not the plating, etc.

Yesterday, while my DIL was preparing dinner, she put out a plate for my grandson to knosh on. It had, cooked carrots, green beans, asparagus, and giant blueberries. Hecleaned the plate and asked for more. That is one kid that loves his veggies. :angel:

Yesterday, while my DIL was preparing dinner, she put out a plate for my grandson to knosh on. It had, cooked carrots, green beans, asparagus, and giant blueberries. Hecleaned the plate and asked for more. That is one kid that loves his veggies. :angel:

My grandnephew, who is just a little over two, likes cooked veggies better than raw! His cousins think he is nuts, but his Mom tells them - never you mind, ;)

View attachment 16682 View attachment 16682 View attachment 16684

I did the Harvard beets in memory of my grandmother whom I remember making them for holiday meals. They were so good I couldn't stop eating them. I ate more of them than the yummy prime rib!

My mother used to make Harvard beets all the time for me. I love them. I love beets anything. Everytime I go shopping, I buy a couple of small cans of beets along with wax beans and keep them in the fridge for a quick salad. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom