Christmas Dinner Poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are you planning on serving as an entree on Christmas? (if you are serving more than one check

• Beef tenderloin,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duck

• , Goose,

• Lamb,

• Pork,

• Chicken,

• Fish,

• Ham,

• Pasta,

• Total voters
I'd love to make a leg of lamb with my "famous" :roll: rosemary/dijon pesto but no one would eat it but my husband, son and myself - :cry:

we are big Turkey fans in my house so I will be making another Turkey for Christmas and a Ham for New Years :D

Steaks probably. Definitely a turkey for Thanksgiving, and I might do that again at new years. Actually, I want to roast turkey breast more often during the fall and winter months. Great meal at a great price.

Lamb's too pricey, but I would love to try mutton along with beef in a goulash. :)

Most likely do Prime Rib again this year.

xmasdinr.jpg

Otter said:
Turkey - Thankgiving, ham - Christmas, lamb - Easter.

Here, here, Otter! This is the same in my family...with the insertion of Burns Night in January with Haggis! (You know this is otherwise known as Pate'...I can't believe the disgruntlement over such a fine dish!)

Audeo, that's what my parents served every year when I was growing up, so it just seems unnatural to have anything else. Never done the haggis thing tho.

In my family Christmas was a virtual replay of Thanksgiving. I lived near them for a few years, and any time I tried to insert anything remotely different (for example, replace the turkey with a goose), Mom would reply, OK, but then I'll bring the Turkey. Since the purpose was to have Mom do LESS work, I'd be in a corner. Back to recreating Thanksgiving at Chritsmas. I didn't live near my family for long, and I think my biggest successes were a big prime rib roast and the year I did a lot of game hens. They were supposed to be a l'orange, but I learned that the teens I was cooking for love oriental cooking so I added garlic and soy to the sauce at the last minute and they were a huge hit.

My family always has a main dish of Ham. There are people in the family that don't like ham... so then there's always a chicken or beef main dish, also.

Growing up, we always had 'roast beast' for Christmas dinner. Having married a Southerner, tho, and with the whole crew coming in for Christmas dinner, it's ham this year.

Maybe I'll do a gingersnap crust on the ham, and a bourbon/maple/pecan/white raisin sauce - hmmmmm!

i'd much rather have ham like my side of the family does every year
but every year we go to his familys and it's thanksgiving all over again.
i want ham darn it !!!!!

doesn't anyone do the feast of the seven fishes? we need more italians around here.
well, technically, the feast of the 7 fishes is on christmas eve, but it's one of my favorite holiday meals...

i don't think we had a standard christmas dinner, just whatever roasts or fowl were fresh, or more likely on sale.

Bucky, I've helped prepare the "Feast", but never served it in my family (PA German/Irish) growing up! It is an awesome spread, and interesting to see the ways people 'cheat' by combining different fishes in one dish.

Back
Top Bottom