"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Master Chef
Site Moderator
Christmas eats!

So what is everyone having today? I made Christmas breakfast to start...will start dinner in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1419527146138.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	22409  

Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Head Chef
I started with breakfast too. Taylor Ham (pork roll,a Jersey thing), potato's & eggs.

I will be doing a turkey, shellfish, lobster,king crab, shrimp gumbo finished with caramel cheese cake & peppermint ice cream which is being made right now in the KA mixer.
Merry Christmas to all.

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Master Chef
Looks good, Dave and Joey!

No pics of our brunch - didn't think of it until it was all set on the table, and the hungry 4 yr. old grandson wasn't about to wait for pics. I changed up the menu a bit from what I had planned.

Layered breakfast casserole of thick sliced French bread, crumbled cooked bulk sausage, cheese, a little spinach for greenery , topped with a mixture of eggs and 1/2 and 1/2 to seep all down into the goodness, and baked. More cheese to top at the end of cooking time.

Sides of biscuits with homemade country gravy, a fresh fruit salad, and blended orange juice and mango to drink. Stuffed....the family has gone home to nap before heading out to other Christmas eats, and I'm back in my comfies ready to hit the recliner and watch a movie.

Merry Christmas!
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
We had buttermilk pancakes with butter and maple syrup. The first straight carbs I've had in two weeks.

Sprout and zucchini salad with a creamy peppercorn dressing for lunch.

Shrek is having baby red potatoes along with the T-bone steak and steamed broccoli we are sharing. He has lots of dessert picks, I have 1 ounce of 72% cacao chocolate to let melt in my mouth.
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
We made bacon, eggs and French toast for breakfast. Our friends cooked a 20 pound prime rib, to perfection with coconut cream pie made by me for dessert.
I'm Bloggin'

bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
Master Chef
Bacon, eggs, "home fries" made from cauliflower and a small glass of eggnog for breakfast.

Kielbasa for picking and ham for dinner.

I'll polish off the eggnog later!

So much food and I'm still dreaming of all the things I didn't have!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Wine Guy
Prime rib, squash and goat cheese gratin, cream of mushroom soup, and a small salad. Believe it or not, I was still good on my diet today, and managed to stay under 1700 calories, BUT it involved fasting most of the day in anticipation of the big meal.

Weirdest thing of all is that it didn't even put a dent in all the food the refrigerator. At this rate I won't have to buy groceries for two weeks.
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
Head Chef
OK here it is...........Broiled lobster tails, king crab & shrimp gumbo.

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:54 PM   #9
Head Chef
Breakfast was spelt multigrain bread spread with organic mayo and topped with organic smoked salmon. Ate with avocado and lamb's lettuce. (I was surprised how delicious the organic smoked salmon was).

A deconstructed black forest gateau - sliced double chocolate muffin spread with morello cherry compote and topped with thick double cream that had brandy in it.

The xmas meal was a porchetta recipe - belly of pork sandwiched with excellent stuffing (caramelised onion and fennel, with pine nuts, raisins and orange juice). Baked on a bed of root veg and wine with citrus juices. The flesh was rubbed with a fennel seed mix that had citrus rind and salt. (The stuffing was the best part). Ate with brussel sprouts and potato wedges with gravy from base veg.
Yet another recipe discarded...ah well!
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt" (Charles M. Shulz)
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #10
Certified Pretend Chef
Our breakfast was coffee and cranberry nut muffins.

Dinner was a boneless ribeye roast, gravy, lyonnaise potatoes, pilaf and broccoli.

Dessert was paklava, chocolate ganache cake and ice cream and an assortment of Christmas cookies.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote